Here are my top predictions for cosmetic surgery trends in 2010:
- Stem Cells from Adipose tissue – The year 2010 ushers in a new decade where science , beauty, and your own fat consummate a marriage that promises to deliver one of the most disruptive medical technologies of the century. Stem cells from our own autologous fat have the power to rejuvenate tissue , heal wounds, and cure diseases. Adult stem cells derived from your own adipose tissue is the new elixir of healthcare.
- Fat injections – There will be a dramatic increase in cosmetic surgery procedures utilizing fat injections. Fat injections are used to restore and revitalize tissue in your face, breast, hands, buttocks, and other areas of the body. Done correctly, fat injections are permanent.
- Butt augmentation – For butt augmentation, fewer surgeons will use buttock implants due to their notorious complication rates. Instead, the Brazilian butt lift technique of fat grafting becomes the main method of butt augmentation.
- Stem cell facelift – After a well known Hollywood actress has the stem cell Facelift, this autologous stem cell enhanced fat injection technique becomes the new rage for facial rejuvenation.
- Breast augmentation – Women who are interested in a minimal cup size change for Breast augmentation will increasingly elect to have fat injections to the breast, instead of Breast implants.
- Lumpectomy reconstruction – Clinical trials continue to endorse autologous stem cell enhanced fat injections as a lumpectomy reconstruction alternative.
- Plastic surgeons in REGEN industry – As researchers come to agreement that adipose tissue is the* most prolific source of adult stem cells*, Plastic surgeons become the new ambassadors of the REGEN industry. The REGEN industry uses the power of your own cells to treat and cure diseases. The REGEN industry joins Pharma, Biotech, and Medical devices, as the new pillar of the healthcare Industry.