Virtual Consultation Instructions
A virtual consultation is a great way to speak with Dr. Rodriguez without having to travel to Baltimore. A convenient first step for patients from around the world, it is also available to local patients. Speak with Dr. Rodriguez about your specific cosmetic goals from the comfort of your own home. Here's how . . .
Step 1 - New Patient Paperwork
To begin the virtual consultation process, just fill out our interactive new patient form here. Be sure to complete all four pages with as much information as possible and include accurate contact information so we'll be able to successfully contact you to set up your virtual consult.
You can fill out the form right online before saving it (to send via email) or printing it (to send via fax or snail mail). You can also print the form as is (blank), fill it out by hand and mail or fax it to the office. Whatever works best for you, works for us! Our contact information is noted in Step 3 because you'll also need to submit photos.
Step 2 - Consultation Photos
Digital photos can be taken with a camera or a phone and sent in either by printing them (for faxing or snail mail) or by attaching them in an email. Here are a few tips on getting photos that will be useful during your virtual consult, followed by procedure-specific photo requirements.
Getting & Sending Good Photos for Virtual Consults
- Take photos in front of a plain background. For example, use a plain-colored wall or plain-colored sheet hung on a wall.
- Get the lighting as even as possible. Dark shadows and silhouettes make discerning features more difficult.
- Try to position the camera even with the body area you want to discuss. As a general rule, traditional selfies aren't a good way to take photos that will work well for virtual consultations. It is better to use a mirror to take photos of yourself or have a friend help you out.
- Be sure to submit each of the required photos (views) based on the specific information below with special attention given to the angles.
- If you are submitting digital photos via email, some image files can be large and may require you to send each photo in a separate email. If you have any problems at all, just give us a call at 410-494-0815 and we'll do our best to help.
Facial/Rhinoplasty Consult Photo Instructions
- Photos should be taken from top/crown of head to just below the neck with collar bones visible.
- Facial features should be relaxed. No smiling or frowning, just a relaxed natural position.
- Keep your jawline in a relaxed, natural position; do not try to push the jaw out or "pose" as this will only obscure your natural jawline. Be as relaxed as possible for the best photo outcome.
- Keep the camera angle straight forward. Do not angle down or up as this will also create an unnatural position/view of the facial features.
- A total of 6 images/views are needed of the facial features: 1 front shot, 2 quarter turn shots, 2 side view shots and 1 view with your head tilted slightly downward.
Breast Consult Photo Instructions
- Photos should be taken from just below the neck (with shoulders visible) to just above the belly button.
- Hands and arms should not be raised as this lifts the breasts to an unnatural position. Hands can rest on your hips with elbows bent naturally to the sides or rest naturally straight back.
- Be as relaxed as possible for the best photo outcome.
- Keep the camera angle straight forward. Do not angle down or up as this will also create an unnatural position/view of the breasts.
- You will need to take your photos without any garments on. No bras or shirts.
- A total of 5 images/views are needed: 1 front view shot, 2 quarter turn shots and 2 side view shots of the breasts.
Body Procedure Consult Photo Instructions
- Photos should be taken from just below your chin to your feet. The whole torso area should be visible with no undergarments obscuring the area to be examined.
- Hands and arms should not be raised as this lifts the abdomen to an unnatural position. Do not "suck in" the abdomen as this also creates an unnatural position. Inhale and exhale out to completely relax your abdomen.
- You will need to take your photos without any garments on; for example, no shirts covering the abdomen area.
- A total of 8 images/views are needed: 1 front view shot, 2 quarter front turn shots, 2 side views, 2 quarter back turn shots, and 1 full back shot.
Step 3 - Send Us Your Forms & Photos
You'll need to submit your form (Step 1) along with the photos (Step 2) to our office prior to scheduling your virtual consult. When submitting them, please include a brief description of your desired procedure, expectations and concerns.
|by snail mail:||
Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MC, LLC
Step 4 - Virtual Consultation Fee
We require a virtual consult fee to ensure you're actually looking for a board certified plastic surgeon to help you address your concerns. Make a payment of $75.00 for your consultation at this payment link: Virtual Consultation $75 or include a check or money order if you are sending your form and photos in the mail.
Please note that the virtual consult fee is non-refundable. However, you may reschedule your consult with 4 hours notice without penalty, and the ability to reschedule. The virtual consult fee is also applied towards your surgery should you decide to book a procedure with Dr. Rodriguez.
Confidentiality of Medical Information and Photos
Any and all medical information and photos you share with Dr. Rodriguez remain confidential and become part of your medical record. We respect your privacy and would like you to know that all of our employees continually undergo training to remain up-to-date and compliant with government rules and regulations regarding the Health Insurance portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), with particular emphasis on the "Privacy Rules." We strive to achieve the very highest standards of ethics and integrity in performing services for all of our patients, including our virtual consultations.
If you have any questions about filling out the paperwork, taking photos, or sending in the fee, feel free to contact us at 410-494-8100.
We look forward to helping you look your best!