Facelift: What are the goals of a great face lift?
What are the goals of a great face lift? Plastic Surgeons approach the face lift procedure in a variety of ways. A full facelift has several components: the browlift, the upper eyes, the mid facelift, and the lower facelift. If a patient wants to rejuvenate the face, which of these procedures are generally the most important?
In summary these are the guidelines and primary goals for achieving a great face lift:
- the face lift goal is to make you look refreshed and younger, not ‘done’
- plastic surgeons aim for a restructuring of the face, not stretching of the skin
- studies show that other people notice your eyes and upper face first–thus, if you want to improve what other people will notice most, concentrate on the upper face.
- rejuvenation of the face with a combination browlift and mid-facelift usually gives a very natural and refreshed facial rejuvenation without looking stretched or tight.
- caution must be taken with the lower facelift as some techniques used by surgeons stretch the tissues horizontally giving the face a stretched appearance
Watch my video to understand better the goals of the face lift procedure. No matter what your age, I always aim for a natural, refreshed appearance!
Posted in Face