The Brow lift is the new eye lift

One of the most common signs of aging is drooping upper eyelids. Most people automatically assume that there is now too much skin in the upper eyes. However, the real problem is not excess skin , but the fact that your brow has now relaxed and crowds the eyes.

Dr. Rodriguez feels that the most natural way to rejuvenate and refresh the eye area is to lift the brow, so that the upper eyelids resume their natural youthful position. When we age, the brow droops such that it crowds down on the upper eyelids.  However, instead of reducing the amount of skin covering the upper eye, the most natural way to fix the problem is to raise the brow. This procedure is known as the Brow liftor Forehead Lift.

The best way to simulate the effect of the Brow lift is to to gently push your forehead up with the the palms of both hands. When you lift the brow up, the upper eyelids lift and you looked refreshed!

The Brow Lift is the New Eyelift in Baltimore-

In my AAAASF accredited surgery center I peform the Brow lift (Forehead Lift) procedure under IV anesthesia.  A endoscope is used to lift the muscle of the forehead. The procedure is only 2 hours long and very well tolerated. The recovery is not lengthy as you can go back to work in 7-10 days

I have performed hundreds of Brow Lifts over my 20 year career.  Please see our gallery of Before and After Brow Lift Photos.  To find out if you are a candidate, please call our office tat 410-494-8100 to schedule a consultation.

Posted in Face

July 4, 2016 at 9:29 am

Thanks for asking. We do an endoscopic brow lift which leaves a very natural looking brow and is doe through tiny incisions, just enough to let the endoscope pass through. All the work is done inside so no large scars, no hair loss, no nerve problems.
    I’ll have you get in contact with Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she will give you more info. Procedure page here should also have pricing info.

June 19, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Hi can you tell me howmuch it cost for brow lifing?

January 18, 2012 at 12:00 am

thank you very much , sorry to be a nuisance, i will contact Kelly thanks again Dr.

January 17, 2012 at 10:10 pm

The fat is usually taken from whichever fat pocket in your body you have trouble getting rid of.
    This is because fluctuations in weight will not affect fat cells from these areas.

January 15, 2012 at 11:59 pm

thank youDr. The fat fillers sound great:) where do you take the fat from ?

January 17, 2012 at 10:12 pm

You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    She will give you instructions on how to arrange for a virtual consult.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

January 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm

hi, i had my eyebrows tatooed because they were very light and also i don’t have high set eyebrows she created a little arch, I am not happy with the dark circles under my eyes and the upper eyelid starting to come over my eye makes me look old and tired I am 56 years old I have regular botox and juviderm done. what would you suggest and is there a cost for a consult? thank you

January 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

The lower eyelids can be treated by taking out the fat under the eyes. This is called a lower blepharoplasty. It is the traditional way to treat the bags under the eyes.
    Ironically, there is an approach that uses the totally opposite approach. You add volume to the upper cheek under the eye by using fillers or your own fat.
    I get a lot of patients from all over the U.S. for this procedure. Here’s some results.
    I think a brow lift and fat injections under the eyes are one of the most effective ways to look younger without a facelift

January 13, 2012 at 1:56 am

I was thinking of having upper eyelid surgery after reading this maybe i need a browlift. what about the bags , dark circles under my eyes? thanks for posting this

May 9, 2009 at 10:44 am

“what about women with already pretty high-set brows”
    Most people automatically hold up their brows when facing the camera or looking in the mirror. What I do when I look at the patient is to have them close their eyes and then massage the brow to relax it. That gives me the true position of the brow. Most people with “high set brows” really have a hyperactive frontalis muscle keeping the brow elevated. You can check this on your own by sitting in front of a mirror, closing your eyes, massaging your brow down until you feel the brow muscles relaxed. Then hold the index fingers at the midpoint of the brow. Is the brow below, at, or above the brow bone? Keping the fingers in place, open the eyes slowly as you look into the mirror. That will tell you the true brow position.

A few patients do have a naturally elevated brow. This is determined at the time of examination by doing the procedure described above. If there is a true high brow position, then obviously the procedure of choice is upper blepharoplasty.
    About men, if anything, I think my original post applies in spades. It is very hard to get the elevation I want in men, so I am extremely comfortable with pulling back when I set the brow, something I never do in women. On the other hand, when a man gets his upper eyelids done, the brow really comes down. Look at the actor Gabriel Byrne in the HBO series “In Treatment” last season vs this season for an illustration of this.

I do do upper blepharoplasties as an initial procedure, but only in cases of true, not frontalis muscle activity high position.

May 9, 2009 at 12:23 am

That definitely makes sense. However, what about women with already pretty high-set brows and men who wouldn’t look right with high eyebrows? I already have looked in the mirror, and I wouldn’t want mine to be any higher. In these cases would you just use upper blepharoplasty?