What is the recovery period for the brazilian butt lift?

Today I would like to answer questions that Andrene asks regarding the brazilian butt lift recovery period.

Submitted on 2009/01/31 at 8:38pm from Andrene
My questions have to do with the two to three week recovery period after the Brazilian Butt Lift. If you cannot sit directly on your butt, will bending over, squatting and stretching your butt damage the fat injections? Or if you kneel down and then lightly rest your butt on your heels (with the majority of your weight on your knees) will that also cause indentations in the new fat? Won’t the compression garments flatten out the “new” and improved butt? Or should you wear one of those garments that have the butt cut out and missing? thanks so much.

The recovery period for the brazilian butt lift is 3 weeks. If you sit sooner than that it can prevent some of the fat grafts from surviving.

brazilian butt lift patient post opSitting during the recovery period is harmful to the new fat grafts because it exerts a tremendous crushing pressure, up to 400 pounds per square inch in some areas, on these tender cells and tissues. Even the areas that are not crushed are under such pressure that blood flow is shut off.

Squatting and stretching are not as bad as sitting, but they can place significant shear and tear stress on the tissues. The blood vessels that keep the cells alive and the grafts themselves are held together by a mesh of tissue called the extracellular matrix. This matrix is composed of protein rods and cells that link together. In the beginning it’s a gel like structure. It can get deformed by folds in the garment or constant low grade pressure. This matrix is only 50% as strong as its going to be at the 1 month post op. This is why stretching, squatting, etc., is not ideal in the early postop period.

A compression garment is very helpful during the recovery because the low compression prevents tissue swelling. Tissue swelling is the enemy of good healing. The pressure is not nearly enough to crush tissues or shut off circulation. A compression garment with the buttocks cutout would be the exact wrong thing as it would allow swelling in the buttocks and prevent drainage into the surrounding areas. As a matter of fact, it would milk swelling from the surrounding tissues into the uncompressed buttocks.

Why 3 weeks then? These are the key things that must happen for a fat graft to be successful:

• Blood supply must reach the fat graft before it runs out of nutrients.
  • Blood vessels must get incorporated into the graft successfully.
  • All the tissues- fat grafts, blood supply, and surrounding tissues must be knit together successfully by the extracellular matrix.

It takes 3-4 days for the blood vessels to grow into the fat grafts. During the new few days, the blood vessels begin to strengthen. The extracellular matrix surrounding the fat graft takes another 2-3 weeks to reach enough strength to withstand minor stresses.

plan for 3 weeks of no sitting

- Dr Rodriguez

This is why 3 weeks is the earliest a patient can begin stressing the tissues. A patient should plan for 3 weeks mostly of rest on her stomach or sides, getting up occasionally to limber up the muscles, but avoid things that place stress on the healing tissues.

The three week recovery is important in achieving the best possible long lasting result. Sitting on your buttocks during the first or second week will likely prevent some fat graphs from taking, resulting in a less prominent buttocks which you could have had by not sitting.

If you are interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift, see our before and after photo gallery to see how this procedure will transform your body and contact us to schedule your consultation!

By Ricardo L Rodriguez
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
©Cosmeticsurg.net

Posted in Butt

October 6, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Sofia:
    Too early to tell. Relax. Just keep the areas grafted free from pressure.

October 5, 2014 at 5:08 am

Oh nooo i had a brazilian butt lift 4 days ago and i had to squat quite a lot with my baby….my doctor never said anything about that…. and i also had fat grafted to my breasts and he said its okay to lie on my side…gosh it’s hard though! My breasts are always touching the mattress even though im trying to not to put any pressure on my breasts or buttocks… and i think my butt looks flat….could it be due to the swelling of my lower back??

But oh no oh no oh no did i ruin my final results already? ?:(

August 18, 2014 at 9:33 am

Jaycent:
    It is difficult to recommend other surgeons when I have no direct knowledge of their surgical skills.
    Buttock augmentation is a highly skilled procedure and not many people are properly trained on it.

We do many patients from out of town, and if you are interested, get in contact with Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

August 11, 2014 at 8:01 pm

In my search looking for a butt augmentation doctor in the area of Buffalo NY. If you have a phone number, you may email me at the above address.

July 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Alaya:
    Of course there is a way! Our anesthesiologists are great.
    I’ll have Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net contact you.

July 27, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Is there anyway around getting an iv in your hand? Could it be placed in your arm where they draw blood from instead??? I’m terrified of hand IVs

April 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Edith:
    There is no way around it. You sit, you are putting a lot of pressure on cells that are trying to engraft. They probably won’t survive.
    I could tell you it’s going to be OK and you can use an ergonomic seating device that lightens the load, but that is not realistic.
    You could get a B’More butt lift where we liposuction all the areas around the butt and contour it beautifully. The natural process of fat redistribution will add some bulk to the butt after a few months.

April 20, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Nehemie:
    We’d love to help you.
    You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you want further info.
    If you want to know what’s available to you we can set up a virtual consultation. Get it Done!

April 14, 2013 at 2:24 am

I really want to get the Brazilian butt lift procedure done but I have a very demanding office position which means I would not be able to take many days off and would be required to sit at my desk at least 4 days after the procedure. Is there a way around this? Maybe a certain way of sitting?

April 12, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I need to have a surgery to have a flat belly,small breast,large and big butt.i need a surgeon doctor to help me.thanks.

December 10, 2012 at 1:03 am

Thanks for your response. Wondereing when can I sleep on my back again?
    I’d love to schedule a consultation for revision next year.
    Thanks again.

December 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Stefanie:
    I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you read my posts such as this and this, you can see that fat graft survival depends a lot on surgical technique and the processing of the fat graft itself.
    I don’t think that if your entire but went to preop size it was a matter of you sitting down and was probably more of a factor of fat processing being less than optimal.
    In any case, wait a few weeks before you make any final judgements.

December 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Dr. Rodriguez,
    A friend pointed me to your site as you were very helpful during her surgery. I had lipo/bbl 3.5 weeks ago and am wondering:
    1. I sat several times for dinner on a rolled up jacket under my things. is this to blame for my deflated butt? it’s nearly back to pre-op size :(
    2. When can I sleep on my back again?
    Stefanie

September 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Nataly:
    That’s a first one for me. Nobody has ever told me, but nothing surprises me anymore.

August 14, 2012 at 3:35 am

Hi I have a question is it normal for the butt to be/ feel cold after the butt lift procedure on the same day?

July 10, 2012 at 11:59 am

Cynthia:
    We do this quite a bit, and it works like a charm. You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she’d love to help you!

July 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm

can i do a tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift at the same time???

June 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

Marie:
    Yes, and it happens often.
    The reason is that the cells injected into your butt, for example those cells that used to be in your belly and are now in your butt, they do continue to store fat. So if you gain weight, it is possible you will gain it in your butt rather than in your belly because those cells are now in your butt.

June 5, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Can the butt grow bigger? After a few months of procedure

May 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Claudia:
    It has now been a month.
    How are the results?
    In any case, do not do injections, I have seen a lot of disasters with injections.

May 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

Camalette:
    Kelly from our office will be getting in contact with you soon.
    She can be contacted at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

May 17, 2012 at 2:36 am

i am interesting in getting a brazillian butt lift done

April 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hello, I had a combination of lipo and bbl done 12 days ago… I think I’m recovering well- not in much pain, just a little sore. Swelling has gone down a lot. Unfortunatley I was happy with the way my buttocks looked post op.but now it looks a lot smaller. Hopefully my waistline will continue to slim down and make my buttocks appear larger. (I do not want to go through another procedure) When I go back to exercising, can I continue to use the tread mill at a high incline? I would like to build up the muscle in that area to make it appear bigger but am afraid that I may burn too much fat off.
    Do you think fat injections could be an option if i am unsatisfied with the results?

March 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Kenya:
    I really recommend staying with a relative or a hotel after a Brazilian Butt lift for at least 5 days.
    Driving is OK but make plans so the car is large enough that you lay on your stomach during the drive. You should not sis at all for the first 3 weeks after surgery.
    A plane ride home after 3 weeks would be fine.
    Let Kelly know you are interested at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

March 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

I live out of town (NYC) Can I stay with a relative to have the procedure done? and is 1 hr and 15 mins to long of a drive to sit for follow-up visits? Will i be ok for a plane ride home after 3wks?

March 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Leoni:
    For pricing information, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    If money is an issue, you might consider checking in at the Medical school nearest you. University Hospitals usually have a Plastic Surgery Clinic where Resident Surgeons operate under the supervision of experienced senior surgeons. That might be a good option for you.

March 12, 2012 at 6:42 pm

hi i’m a mother of 3, and i am a black woman with no butt. I am neither rich or middle class,only a poor woman looking to get some shape. I would love to know how much for a tummy tuck a breast lift(no silicone) and the fat cell to be injected in my butt

February 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Lusine:
    Sitting for a couple of minutes is OK. Most patients support their own weight with their hands. We have done over 250 of these, and no one so far has reported a problem.
    We’d love to hear from you, come visit!

January 31, 2012 at 4:05 am

How do you go to the bathroom after Brazillian butt lift is done if you can’t sit on it for the next 3 weeks.

November 11, 2011 at 11:33 am

Mattie:
    Liposuction is less expensive. But you should not base your decision on price alone. You need to know if there is skin excess, if you have split abdominal muscles, etc.
    Call Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be happy to help you with pricing info.

November 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm

is it less expensive to get liposucton or the tummy tuck with the butt augmentation

August 31, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Kitty:
    The recovery period for the Brazilian Butt lift is not long. But you have to be aware that you cannot sit for 3 weeks. This is because sitting on the fine fat grafts can kill them, making you lose the benefit of the fat grafts.
    We can put you in contact with people who have had the procedure done. It’s a great procedure, but you have to take care of the grafts post operatively.
    We can do the procedures both at the same time, and we do it quite often, even with out of town patients.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info!

August 31, 2011 at 1:16 am

Hi Doc,
    I want a tummy tuck and brazillian butt lift. Do you recommend both procedures be done at the same time? I have 4 kids so I don’t have anymore than a week away to do this and I’m thinking of just doing the brazillian butt lift first then in a year or 2 the tummy tuck. I don’t want to be recovering for too long due to my motherly duties back home. Also, is it always necessary to have drains? I keep reading about them, what is the purpose?

August 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Kita:
    Thanks for writing. It is hard to know what can be done for you if I don’t know what you look like or what you mean by folds.
    If you are interested, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she can give you a ton of information and answer questions.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

August 29, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I wanted to know if I have extra gluteal folds, would the brazilian butt lift still work for me? I have battled with my “flat butt” and it’s more embarassing as an african american women to have no butt. Your before and after pics, and the most realistic pics I’ve seen and the butts look great. Please inform me..

August 11, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Taquilae:
    Hi! sorry I got to your post now, but I hope I answered everything in your post while you were at the office!

August 4, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I have an appt. at your office Friday. I have 3 questions.
    1. I need a tummy tuck and brazillian butt aug. I can’t sleep on my stomach with the cut so do I sleep on my side and for how long?
    2. My son goes to school 10 minutes away from our home. Can I drive him to school the second week of my surgery. I won’t be sitting for long.
    3. When will the drains be removed?

July 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Nancy:
    You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for price quotes. She will be happy to talk to you about some details of surgery and she’ll be happy to send you other info.
    To make more specific predictions about what we can do I’d need to see pictures. Let Kelly know if you want a virtual consult.
    We’d love to help you!

July 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Hi Doc, i really like youre work i need an estimate price on a brazilian butt lift and boobs and also how much do i have to weight if i want 1000 cc on each of my butt im 5 ’6 tall by the way and i dont want a tummy tuck

May 18, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Eva:
    I like garments from companies such as Veronique, which look like girdles with shoulder straps. I also like them to go at least to midthigh, if no leg work was done, and to mid calf if there was leg lipo. These garments stay on very snugly, don’t slide, and apply very even gentle pressure. You want enough pressure to control swelling, but not enough to occlude arterial inflow.
    Even when I do Brazilian Butt Lifts I like a little compression on the butt, just enough to control swelling, so I don’t use cutouts. Read my post for more info on post op swelling
    Thanks for reading the blog!

May 18, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Hi Dr. Rodriguez,
    What type of garment would you recommend to wear post-op fat grafting to the buttocks? Should I not wear a garment with butt cut-outs, please explain further as to why? I had lipo to the abdomen hips & back bra area & only got an abdominal binder as my garment should I wear something to support my butt area as well?

Thanks for you response!

May 18, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Melissa
    You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. She will be able to send you a lot of info.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

May 16, 2011 at 12:18 pm

how much is the brazilian butt lift

May 3, 2011 at 11:13 am

Ilene:
    Donor fat, at this point, is not possible.
    Check out our website, I have patients who weighed 95 pds and 105 pds who had Brazilian butt lifts.
    Call Kelly so we can arrange for a virtual consult where I can look at pictures and give you a better idea of what your options are.
    You can reach Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

April 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm

? I am considering lipo suction or smart lipo at this time,right now i cannot afford a Brazilian butt lift as much as i want it :( i have a small frame and its not like later on i will be able to remove fat from another part of my body. Would i be able to use donor fat? and can this be done with you? I need to make a decision asap and your speedy response would be greatly appreciated. Thank You from NYC

February 11, 2011 at 11:57 am

Mom of Toddler:
    It depends. How do you plan to travel home? If you go back in an SUV or large car or train where you can lay on your stomach there is no problem. Secondly, you will probably need help with your son.
    Remember, the only objective is not sitting for three weeks. Whatever you can do to achieve that goal is OK. You could even bring your child here if you had help.

February 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

Cassandra:
    You need three weeks of not sitting to ensure graft survival. I recommend to my patients at least 3 weeks with no pressure on their butts.
    If you sit before you risk losing the grafts.

February 9, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Hello,
    I have been considering this surgery for so long its sad!… I have a 15 month old son. I would plan to be away from him for atleast a week and a half. I don’t know if I could stand to be gone for anylonger. Will returning home and going about my regular activities with him (AS LONG AS I DO NOTT SIT DOWN) be a problem??

Thanks

February 8, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I plan on getting my surgery done on Thursday and take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off work and go to work on Monday in the afternoon….is that too soon. Should I take off til Friday? Also if I have to drive about 30 to 45 minutes to work what do I do? I can’t stand in the car? I am very nervous as well….I just want great results.

December 21, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Lisa:
    It is too early to tell. Once the initial swelling goes down, then you have to wait another 2 months or so until your body fat redistributes.
    Remember, the areas you got lipo in won’t be accumulating as much fat anymore. That fat has to go somewhere. Sometimes it goes to the butt.
    Let me know how you are doing in 2 months.
    Cheer up! There’s always a way!

December 19, 2010 at 3:31 pm

On Nov. 23 of this yr, I had the brazilian lift procedure done. Now, almost a month later, it seems as though I’m loosing it all. Is there anything I can do to help prevent loosing all the fat in my buttocks? Should I try to gain weight and if so, will I just lose it again afterr working out? Please help…..

November 7, 2010 at 11:35 am

Ashley:
    As much as I’d love to say “Yes, we can!”, there are several reasons why you might want to change strategy.
    1) For recovery from the Brazilian But lift you can’t sit for three weeks. Well, you can sit, but you would be damaging the grafts and possibly creating problems like fat necrosis. I don’t think getting on a plane for 10 hours is a good thing for your butt lift after only 12 days.
    2) Because of 1), you have to sleep on your stomach and lay on your stomach and sides to rest. This is not good for the breast implants as they come under pressure and it might misshape the breast capsule.
    If you have to take a 10 hr flight, the shortest I would wait after surgery would be 2 weeks, then I would advise you to use a special cushion and fly business class or first class so you cuould stretch out more and offload your butt.
    Email Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info. We’d love to hear from you!

November 4, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of having a breast lift (possibly with implants), and lipo for a Brazilian butt lift at the same time. I have a 10 hour flight approx 12 days after the surgery. Has anyone done anything like this and how did they cope?

October 10, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Randi:
    The Brazilian Butt Lift is a process of fat redistribution. It will not wash away with pregnancy. There are other posts in the blog that detail what happened to a patient that lost and then regained weight. See the post here.
    As far as your family history, I don’t think it will be an issue.

October 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Hi Dr Rodriguez. Your blog is quite informative. I have been considering this surgery for quite sometime because I have always been insecure about my rear end. I am going to be 29 soon without any kids. I do eventually want to have children but right now I am focused on my career so I don’t see it happening anytime soon. If I had this surgery done now, would it be washed away when/if I ever go through pregnancy?
    Please let me know what you think. Also, I am adopted with no information whatsoever on my birth family’s medical history. Could this be a problem? Would you not choose to perform surgery on someone lacking that information? If you would, would there be anything different about the surgery that would happen? Please let me know when you can. Thanks again for your informative blog and website.

August 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Jennie:
    “she said that post surgery she was instructed to receive light massage on the areas that were liposuctioned- abdomen, flanks, thighs- in order to prevent scar tissue from forming (which had actually happened to her co-worker who had it done by someone else in California)”
    I do not have issues with the scarring for 2 reasons. The first one is the type of cannula I use. Se my post on the subject. Secondly, I use topifoam pads, which help to compress and mold the tissue in the crucial first days after surgery. The extra compression really helps in reducing the swelling and smooth the tissues.
    Everybody has different techniques, and the recovery process depends a lot on what the techniques used are. I know from experience that the use of thin cannulas and postoperative use of topifoam leaves a very smooth result. Just like I don’t find the need to do “touch ups” with fat grafting (because the fat took in the first place), I don’t find the need to massage (because the scarring is minimized to begin with). I do strongly advocate the use of topifoam pads for the first 5-6 days, compression garments with shoulder straps 24/7 for the first 2 weeks, and daytime use 12 hrs (during daytime activities) for weeks 3-4.

August 27, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Thank you for getting back to me Dr. Rodriguez. I am going to schedule a consult in the fall when I have some time off. My cousin had this procedure done by a surgeon in South Carolina who has a great reputation for this procedure also, and she said that post surgery she was instructed to receive light massage on the areas that were liposuctioned- abdomen, flanks, thighs- in order to prevent scar tissue from forming (which had actually happened to her co-worker who had it done by someone else in California). In addition to not sitting for 3 weeks, the Dr explained that it would assist in the recovery process. What is your opinion on that? I didn’t see it mentioned on your website but maybe that’s something included in post-op instructions/suggestions? Please let me know when you have a chance.

August 22, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Jennie:
    Once the fat grafts have engrafted, which means they are fully integrated into the tissues, sitting is OK, just as it was before surgery. It will not affect your longterm results.
    If you do not have anyone to stay with you, we could arrange it so you hire a private duty caretaker for at least 48 hours.
    Some patients in your situation either get a friend or family member to join them for a couple of days in the hotel until they can fend for themselves.
    BTW, we have operated on several patients from New York state, and most just drive here.
    Anyways, we would be more than happy to see you in consultation or arrange for a virtual consult.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info, she’d be happy to talk to you!

August 20, 2010 at 10:36 am

I am very interested in getting this procedure done. I am a receptionist so I sit 85% of my work day. I know I can’t sit for 3 weeks, but is it okay that I sit so much on a daily basis? Will that affect my results in the long run? Also I live in Virginia so I am not too far but I would definitely plan to stay in Maryland for a week. I’m not sure if I would have anyone to be with me post surgery or to drive me around because I just moved here from Buffalo NY where all my friends & family are. What do you recommend?

June 20, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Cream:
    I think I answered this in another post, but the answer is that in healing, the longest factor is the abdominal muscles. All the addd lipo procedures do not add to the recovery time. In general these added procedures are also very well tolerated.
    For cost information, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. See you soon!

June 19, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have contemplated the butt lift because it looks so good on your website but I convinced myself instead to prioritize instead. I am really interested in a tummy tuck and lipo of the upper back and arms. I will definately be visiting your office soon. can the lipo of the arms and upper back be combined with the tummy tuck. if so does this extend the recovery time?

June 19, 2010 at 10:32 am

Cream:
    You can, carefully.
    Limit your time and support your weight with your hands. The key is not to put a lot of pressure for any amount of time.
    None of our patients have expressed problems doing.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you have more questions, we’d love to hear from you

June 13, 2010 at 9:25 pm

How does one use the bathroom with a brazillian but lift if you can’t sit?

March 12, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Wiynee:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net so we can set up a virtual consultation.
    We are happy you are excited about this and we are looking forward to meeting with you.

March 11, 2010 at 11:21 pm

I want a counsultation on a butt lift…I’m from trumbull conn.. 203-450-1017

January 9, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Camille:
    H-cup breasts?
    Happy new year!

January 6, 2010 at 3:31 am

I really need this procedure.. I feel sexy, but i cry everyday, because I don’t have booty to match my H-cup breast. This is pain and suffering.. thanks for reading because I’m in need for a brizilian butt lift to become a sexy model.

September 10, 2009 at 11:02 am

Hello Zina,

Most patients need three areas of liposuction to harvest fat for the transfer to the buttocks, the “average” cost for brazilian butt augmentation is $18,000. This cost includes all fees for the facility/operating room (8 hours IV sedation), anesthesia, Dr. Rodriguez’s fees and all office visits.

We participate with the following finance companies:

CareCredit 1-800-365-8295
    MedicalLoan.com 1-800-788-0711
    SurgeryLoans.com 1-888-502-8020
    CosmetiCredit.com 1-888-444-1025

Please contact the individual companies directly by telephone or online, see our financing page at cosmeticsurg.net. Please note, the person applying for financing does not necessarily have to be the person having surgery. In some cases a co-signer may be required. I would be happy to talk with you and schedule your consult appointment, give me a call at 410-494-8100 or email me: kelly@cosmeticsurg.net We look forward to exceeding your expectations!

Best regards,
    kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    Ricardo Rodriguez, MD
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty
    410-494-8100

August 27, 2009 at 9:19 am

how much do this cost? would the doctor do a payment plan with me cause i am pretty but i am lacking in the butt area please help.

June 8, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Please contact Kelly kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

March 26, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Hello Dr. Rodriguez and Miss Warner,
    I don’t have a question…I just wanted to let you know that I have been considering the brazilian butt lift for some time. I have spent countless hours on the internet searching and reading up on the procedure, the doctors and the prices.
    I am very impressed with Dr.Rodriquez…he truly understands how to achieve that hour glass figure. And He seems like he really cares about each patient and making sure that results are permanent and beautiful.
    I just want to commend you all on what seems like a great run business that cares about its clients.
    Thank you for the blogs, videos, and pictures.
    When I am financially able, I will definitely be contacting you.
    Thanks :),
    dee

March 20, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Hi Janice,

For the brazilian butt lift surgery you must plan to be in town at least 7 days after your surgery.   Following your brazilian butt lift you should not sit or put pressure on your newly transplanted fat cells for three-weeks.  You’ll want to make sure to bring pillows for your trip home.  For your trip back to Boston, you may have several options.  One way would be to have someone drive you home while you lay on your side in the back seat.  Alternatively, the Amtrak train has wide reclining seats or a sleeper car where you could lay on your stomach.  Plus, in the train you’re able to walk around or just stand.  If you need to fly, we suggest that you book business class, (wider seat) so that you can prop yourself on a pillow, putting most of your weight on your side or thighs.  On the other hand, you could stay in our charming city for the whole three-weeks, we would be happy to get the chance to know you better!

I would be happy to talk with you, call 410-494-8100 or e-mail kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We look forward to helping you enhance your image.

Best regards,

kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty®
    410-494-8100

March 19, 2009 at 10:19 am

if I have to travel out of town, how would i be able to sit on my butt after the surgery without damaging the tissues thats new. I live in boston mass.

March 10, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Hi Denise,

Dr. Rodriguez specializes in performing multiple procedures in the same operative session. It is possible for fat to be transferred from your stomach to your butt as well as to your breasts during the same operation. However, for a total body lift you may need a separate operative session from the fat transfer procedure. Once you consult with Dr. Rodriguez he’ll be able to give you his medical opinion about the sequence of how these procedures can be performed. Dr. Rodriguez performs all of his surgeries in our brand new AAAASF accredited out-patient facility. AAAASF is the gold standard for safety and operating room protocols. Please note that we use only board certified anesthesiologist MDs.

Most of our out of town patients start with a virtual consultation For your virtual consult you’ll need to e-mail your photos and some basic information. At the time we receive your pictures we’ll arrange for you and Dr. Rodriguez to discuss your desires and goals over the telephone while you’re in the convenience of your home. After your virtual consultation I will then be able to provide you with your surgical fee quote for the total cost of your new look. Please understand that Dr. Rodriguez would be happy to talk with you whichever way you decide to consult with him! Once you’ve decided to go forward with surgery we’ll provide you with information about local accommodations and transportation as well as everything you will need in order to prepare for your new body.

I’d be happy to talk with you about specifics and pricing info, call 410-494-8100 or e-mail kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We look forward to helping you enhance your image.

Best regards,
    kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty
    410-494-8100

March 7, 2009 at 12:13 am

Hi my name is Denise Steele. I really want to have the “brazillian butt lift” and a total body lift. I want to have the fat transfered from my stomach to my butt and if it would be at all possiable I would like some fat transfered to my breast to make them fuller. I would like to know the cost and the recovery time for everything to be accomplished. I live in Middletown, Connecticut and I would like to know how everything is done with out of town patients.

Denise Steele

March 1, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I really would like to speak to someone who can help me out on this procedure.
    Do you ever give financing or help someone in need of a nice figure.

February 13, 2009 at 8:47 pm

A successful brazilian butt lift surgery is entirely dependent on an experienced, talented surgeon using the correct techniques. Before I get to the cost of the brazilian butt lift, I want you to understand that when done correctly the brazilian butt lift will give you the sensous figure that you desire which all of the dieting and exercise in the world can’t. The brazilian butt lift is two very specialized surgical procedures performed during one surgical session. Lipo-selection (methodical liposuciton) and auto-logous fat injected to precise areas, giving each patient their unique desired result. Dr. Rodriguez’s brazilian butt lift surgery involves three very specialized techniques: lipo-selection of two, three or more areas, donor fat processing, and micro-injection of the donor fat into the buttocks.

Please understand that each patient is unique, therefore every surgery is unique as is cost. We find that most patients have three areas of liposuction with the “average” cost of the brazilian butt augmentation ranging between $13,000 to $18,000 this range is dependent on number of areas liposuctioned and time needed in the operating room. This cost range includes all fees for the facility/operating room (between 6-8 hours IV sedation), anesthesia and Dr. Rodriguez’s professional services. Each patient is provided with pre and post surgical supplies and instructions for their care. Furthermore, our care continues long after your surgery is over. Dr. Rodriguez strives to nourish healthful relationships with patients long after they’re totally thrilled with their results.

I urge you to be aware that when you price shop, know what you’re comparing! Many other physicians who say that they do the “brazilian butt lift” surgery do not use the correct fat extraction (lipo technique), purification, or injection techniques that Dr. Rodriguez uses. They may tell you that their costs less, but may not tell you that the operating time is shorter and the surgery is less involved because of their surgical technique. Please think about the old saying that “you get what you pay for”, so in this case, lower price means minimum and temporary results. So make sure to ask very specific questions about their technique, time needed in OR, what costs are included in the fees and how many patients need additional surgery.

Be sensible about cost, consider experience, talent and technique and accept only the best when it comes to your health and the figure you’ve always wanted.

kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty
    410-494-8100

February 13, 2009 at 1:39 am

How much does a procedure like this run??

1. [...] What is the recovery period for the brazilian butt lift? [...]