Patients who call our office looking for Breast augmentation information are usually also gathering total surgical cost prices as well as financing information. This week, our office did a little bit of secret shopping to find out what the average cost of a breast augmentation procedure is in Baltimore.
What is included in total cost?
Remember that Breast augmentation Total Costs depend on whether you select silicone or saline Implants. When patients come into the office, most are aware that silicone implants cost more than saline. We compared costs of both. To be clear, we define total Breast augmentation cost to include the following:
total Breast augmentation price $ = surgeon’s fee + implants OR facility fee + anesthesia
The results of our little pricing survey revealed a few things:
- Baltimore has a huge selection of experienced Board certified plastic surgeons!
- Breast augmentation cost is not a function of the length of time the surgeon has been in practice
- Silicone implant Total Cost is approximately $1000 greater than saline total costs
- Total average Cost of 10 surgeons: saline $6033, silicone $7003
- All surgeons, except for one, quote total cost without a pain pump.
Baltimore Breast augmentation survey results
Here are the results of our pricing comparison:
|Surgeon||Yrs exper||Saline Total||Silicone Total|
|Dr A||30 yrs||$6,500||$7,500|
|Dr B||25 yrs||$6,200||$7,000|
|Dr C||25 yrs||$5,975||$6,975|
|Dr D||25 yrs||$5,800||$6,950|
|Dr E||20+ yrs||$5,800||$6,400|
|Dr F||17 yrs||$5,600||$6,600|
|Dr G||17 yrs||$5,500||$6,500|
|Dr H||17 yrs||$6,000||$7,100|
|Dr I||16 yrs||$6,450||$7,500|
|Dr J||7 yrs||$6,500||$7,500|
|Dr. Rodriguez||25 yrs||$4,800||$5,600|
Keep in mind that the prices in the table above were the prices quoted by phone, this week in June 2013.