How Much Fat is Injected with the Brazilian Butt Lift?

I have been performing the Brazilian Butt Lift for almost a decade. With this procedure, I remove fat from unwanted areas with liposuction, and then reinject into your buttocks. Patients are now doing so much research, that I often get the question about how much fat is injected into the buttocks.

To answer the question, I looked at my last 100 procedures to find out the average amount of fat which is injected per patient, per buttock cheek.  Before I give you the answer, you should know that the final amount injected will NOT be the amount which is removed.

my average patient has 580 cc fat injected into each buttock cheek

- Dr. Rodriguez

The amount reinjected will only be  a fraction of the amount of lipoaspirate that I have removed. How much depends on several factors, and I only keep the ‘good fat.’ The rest of the lipoaspirate contains dead cells , blood, and other components that are not suitable for a fat graft. So I may end up reinjecting a fat concentrate that is anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of the original lipoaspirate.

It is important that I inject only healthy and viable cells that will yield a successful fat graft. When proper processing and injection techniques are used, the fat graft has a much better chance that it will ‘take’ and be long lasting. Having a permanent fat graft is the only way to avoid a need for ‘touch ups’.

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF FAT INJECTED INTO BUTTOCKS

The average statistics on my last 100 Brazilian Butt Lift cases are as follows:

• Average Fat Injected (both buttock cheeks): 1160 cc
  • Average age at surgery: 37 years
  • Average height of patient:   5′ 3″
  • Average weight of patient: 151 pounds

600 cc Fat Injected into each buttock cheekTherefore, my average patient gets approximately 580 cc of fat injected into each buttocks cheek. To give you an idea of how much 580 cc is equivalent to, we placed this amount of crushed ice into a plastic bag. The photograph to the left shows that this quantity is a substantial amount!

Please see our before and after photos of Brazilian Butt Lift patients and to learn how much fat was injected into different patients. If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them here.

Posted in Butt

April 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Drew:
    For females, the Brazilian Butt Lift is not so much about how much fat you can inject, but about the right proportions between waist and hips. The ideal ratio is .7, so let’s say if you measure 70 centimeters (27 1/2 inches) at the waist and 100 cm (39 1/4 inches) at the hips your waist to hip ratio is ideal- 70/100= .7
    For males, there is not that much need for get as males usually just want more fullness and projection, not necessarily hips.
    I have done Brazilian Butt Lifts on many patients under 135 pounds, including a 4’11″ patient who weighed 95 pounds.
    I’ll let Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net know of your interest.

March 21, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I weigh around 135 pounds, and am 5’1. I am not physically over-weight, but i am not physically fit either. Do i have to weigh a certain amount to get the Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?

March 1, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Isatu:
    Yes, but I would be uncomfortable if the BMI is over 34 mostly for anesthesia delivery reasons.
    We would love to help you!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she can answer more questions for you.

March 1, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Iris:
    Your case is complicated because we have to decide wether you want to leave the implants in or whether you want them removed. I think this is something we should decide beforehand.
    As for recovery, you need 3 weeks in which you do no sitting at all.
    I think it would be better if I got to evaluate pictures and speak with you. Kelly can help you organize a virtual consult. Contact her at Kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

February 28, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Hello, I am interested in getting the Brazilian butt lift. I presently have but implants that are sold & this was extremely painful when I had this done over 10 years ago in Costa Rica. It is not an ideal look.

I would like to get this Brazilian butt life & not sure if this can be done since I already have this implant?

Another concern is the actual amount of time I would require to be out of work as I commute to work via railroad and in addition, I’m an accountant & sit all day in front of a computer.

I have enough vacation time – I just need to know how long I would require to be out of work, (also considering that I am an office worker-sitting all day long).

Overall, what would be the cost of the surgery? I also would need to make arrangements with a place to stay since I live in Nassau county, Long Island, NY. This would be an added expense for me & I would need someone to possibly help me shower etc for the time I would be in Baltimore.

I have put on weight so though I’m about 5’4 ~ I weigh about 157 pounds so I’m sure you may be able to get enough fat but most surely not from my legs as they are thin.

February 22, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Would you be able to perform a brazilian butt lift on a patient with a BMI >30?

February 7, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Charlize:
    Augmentation of the hips is a big part of our procedure. We have done several cases where the main part of the procedure is augmentation is adding to the hips.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she’d be happy to help you.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

February 1, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I am 5’7″ and have skinny legs but large bust will I be able to get a more hour glass shape when my is butt done,I need hips

January 9, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Kay:
    You are fine. I have done many patients your size, and even one who was 95 pounds!
    It’s all a matter of proportions and since an average woman has anywhere from 17-30% body fat I can always find what I need.
    Give us a call, we’d be more than happy to help.
    You do not need to gain weight, unless you are dieting now in which case I would just tell you to eat regularly to settle at your natural weight. I’ll have Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg contact you

January 2, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Hello dr, I have question, I am 5.2 and weight 120.. Can I still do it with this weight? Or would I have to gain more weight?
    Thanks

September 23, 2014 at 9:06 am

Erika:
    I generally advise my patients to wait at least three weeks before they sleep on their backs. The reason is that that is how long it takes for the fat to be really taken in by the body by most everybody.
    To me it is not as important to know how many cc’s were injected as much as what you look like at the end of three months.

September 23, 2014 at 1:11 am

Hello dr I have a question how long should I wait to be able to sleep on my back again after a bbl? Also should I know how many cc I was injected if I already had the procedure done ?or not really

September 17, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Valerie:
    We tabulated our results last year for an international meeting and the complication rate was extremely low. In over 250 cases only one infection (in the abdomen). No redo’s because fat had reabsorbed. No fat necrosis.
    So yes, it has been VERY safe.
    Once the cells are grafted, they are permanently there. Even as cells die, they get replenished by the stem cells in the graft. I’ll have Kelly get in touch with you and you can get a lot of information from her. Hope this helps!

September 17, 2014 at 12:45 pm

How safe is the procedure and what percentage of patients get the satisfaction they expected. How long does the augmentation last?

July 1, 2014 at 12:02 pm

That depends on many things.
    1) Different people have fat that reacts differently during processing. For example I can get 500cc of lipoaspirate from one person out of which I can get 200cc of usable fat graft, and yet taking the same amount (500cc) from another person I might only get 100cc of usable fat graft
    2) Fat graft survival is not the same for all persons. Sometimes I may put 500cc yet 400cc survives, yet on another person I put in 500cc and only 300cc survives.
    3) More important than how many cc’s you can put in is “Is it going to look pretty?” You don’t want a big shapeless or unattractive butt. For that the waist to hip ratio is more important. I make sure during the lipo part that I create a beautiful butt, then I augment that new pretty butt.

May 31, 2014 at 10:43 am

I’m I’m 5 ft 2 weight 152. How much ccs can I get in each buttocks

May 26, 2014 at 8:54 am

Shirlene:
    Whenever you are ready contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

May 19, 2014 at 5:16 pm

thank you for your good work doctor…im looking forward to have some body work done by you…

May 18, 2014 at 1:42 pm

S.W.
    Yes I think you would be a great candidate. We have done women who weigh much less than you.
    Remember, it’s a game of proportions.
    Send us pictures for a virtual consult and I can tell you in detail what can be accomplished specifically in your case.

April 14, 2014 at 7:05 am

I was wondering I’m abt 130 lbs and I’m 5’5 but I don’t think I have that much fat, but I also don’t want my butt looking huge either. Would I be a good candidate for the butt lift?

December 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Tamika:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    Do it fast because we have a special for Dec. and January!
    Hope to see you soon!

December 4, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I really want to get the brazillian butt lift. If you can call me and just give me More information that would be wonderful, (443)-469-2571

1. […] healing scars, to breast reconstructions, to brazilian butt lifts, fat grafting (also referred to as fat injections or fat transfers) is an exciting new frontier in […]