Solving the problem of narrow hips: Injecting fat into the hips

Most times, when doing a Brazilian Butt Lift, I end up using every last drop of fat I can get to get the best possible butt augmentation. This is because after the meticulous extracting procedure, only a fraction of the fat is suitable for fat transfer. A few patients, however, store a lot of their fat predominantly in their abdomen and flanks, with very narrow hips proportional to their body. I had always been very good at getting their waist as narrow as I could to highlight the buttock, but the hips remained untouched.

A few months ago, I had a patient like this, with a large abdominal area, small buttocks, and narrow hips. She had asked me about widening the hips, and I told her this was not a well described procedure, but that I would try it if we had any fat left over. I really doubted this would be the case, but lo and behold, when I had finished injecting the buttocks, there was still some fat left over.

Knowing the patient’s desire for larger hips, I injected the remaining fat carefully into the patient’s hip area. I injected into what is called the “trochanteric fat pad,” or “saddlebag” area, which is an area that normally carries fat in women. The results were impressive, because just as narrowing the waist enhances the buttock, widening a narrow hip also enhances the buttock. When the two (narrowing the waist and widening a narrow hip) are done together, the whole body, not just the butt, is transformed. The woman is changed from a “barrel” like appearance to an “hourglass” figure.

The result is dramatic even from the front view. Imagine a buttock augmentation that also makes you look good from the front view! I am very excited by this new evolution in technique, and it has already elevated my results to a higher level.

By Dr. Ricardo L Rodriguez
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Posted in Butt

December 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Kaneeta:
    There is no certain amount that is needed. It is a thing of proportions.
    I have done the procedure on a woman who weighed 95 pds.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she can help you with questions about pricing, etc. We could also set up a virtual consult if you want so we can talk.
    Hope to hear from you soon!

November 17, 2014 at 2:46 am

I have a question on butt and hip fat transfer! If there’s. Certain amount of fat needed. Is it possible. The cost?

November 3, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Jane:
    We have many patients from out of town. Some even from Asia, many from Europe.
    If you are interested in a virtual consultation where we can talk by Skype or FaceTime, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    Thanks for contacting us!

October 9, 2014 at 6:46 am

pls am in nigeria nd i also nid ur help, i got a flat tummy but a bit wide shoulders but my hips are small and my buttocks are small as well, pls help me.

July 27, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Sarah:
    I am the one who performs the surgeries.
    If you are interested in finding out more about our way of doing things, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. She can send you a lot of information and if you are interested, we could have a Skype consult.

July 27, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Amanda:
    Before deciding where you are going to go, make sure you have conversations with patients from the Doctors you are interested in. They will give you information about how the whole experience is.
    Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net will be happy to contact you and give you more information about the procedure. We do a lot of fat grafting to the hip. Look into the rest of our blog for details on how we process the fat and how and why that is important.
    I’m looking forward to meeting you and we could even Skype if you fell that will help you on your decision.
    Cheers!

July 26, 2014 at 3:05 am

pls send me name of d injection for hips n boobs

July 23, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I am very interested in injecting fat into the hip! Maybe even a little in the butt and a little in the breast region. I am very petite but kinda straight :( can you help. I am from in Canada, but I don’t mind flying and have done it for cosmetic surgery before. I would love to go to Florida in August, if you know anyone that could help me?..
    And could you use this on your face, like as a filler or botox type thing?
    Thanks

July 13, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Jayme:
    It is hard to say as I don’t know how your surgeon processed the fat. Check this post on how we process the fat.
    You may need additional grafting, but I suggest you get it done with someone who processes fat like we do.

July 8, 2014 at 10:00 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Fat Injections.

Regards

June 16, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

June 11, 2014 at 2:54 am

I just had this procedure done about two months ago, but I can already tell my hips are going down in size. My question is, if I put on weight, will my hips continue to grow or no?

May 26, 2014 at 8:59 am

Monique:
    Sorry we missed your post. I will forward your message to Kelly.
    Hope to see you soon!

May 18, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Monique, has Kelly called you yet?

April 12, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Aurachi:
    I’m afraid not because fat deposition patterns are genetic.

April 12, 2014 at 12:20 am

Im interested in a fat transfer procedure to the hips. I have suitable fat in my inner thighs, flank n triceps. Im ultimately looking for an oval shape. I cannot afford the procedure at this point, however ill have the funds in a couple months period. I would need to know more or less the cost of the augmentation, so if you can have kelly text me at 718-598-6238 I would greatly appreciate it.

April 1, 2014 at 3:42 am

Asides this liposuction method,is there still a way I could do it naturally? Because liposuction isn’t done here in Nigeria…I really need help

March 9, 2014 at 12:03 am

Agislin:
    I will have Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net contact you.
    Thanks for asking and we’d love to help you!

March 5, 2014 at 7:32 am

What is the cost of this procedure

February 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Nyanibah:
    Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net usually handles financial matters.
    In the meantime check this post about the importance of really getting the transition zone between waist and hips.

February 11, 2014 at 8:43 am

How much is the price for narrowing the waist,enlarging and hiping up the bucttock

October 3, 2013 at 11:02 am

Jessica:
    Kelly can tell you how much this costs (injecting fat into hips and buttocks). Contact her at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she’ll be more than happy to help you.
    I don’t know how many people do it as I have not heard of any other surgeons talk about it.
    But there is definitely a way to address your problem and we’d be happy to help you!

September 25, 2013 at 1:08 am

how much dose this cost? is there many surgeons doing this technique? i have been strruggling with my boyish body figure i have absolutely no waist and no hips and very very wide shoulders..

September 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It really depends on how many areas we liposuction.
    I’m sure Kelly would love to help you out with that.
    Contact her at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

August 20, 2013 at 4:27 pm

How much does this exact procedure cost?

May 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Nancy:
    You pose many questions and to answer them in any way that makes sense in your particular case would take a consult with a surgeon.
    I can only speak in generalities here. The choice of fat transfer vs liposuction is best done after examining the specific area. The surgeon would consent you for both procedures, unless he is absolutely sure of what he wants to do preoperatively in which case he would give you a precise idea of what he wants to do.
    Fat transfer to me has proven to be extremely safe, but the procedure is very technique dependent. There are many surgeons who report disasters such as infections, scarring, and worse. All I can say is you should look at the posts I have done here and here to see how I process fat. It works, its reliable, and its safe.

The complications of Liposuction are completely different and are due to a completely different set of circumstances.

If you are interested in a virtual consultation, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

May 27, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I already had liposuction before but it looks like more was taken out of one spot compared to the other. I also had seroma in my last surgery. Should I have liposuction done to even out the spot or fat transfer? Is this something a doctor would decide before surgery or do you decide while somebody is in the middle of surgery, since we do sign a consent form? What are the complications/risks of fat transfer? Are the complications/risks different from liposuction?
    Thank you for your time and for having this forum to help educate consumers. :)

May 14, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Chris:
    Yes, injections into the thigh are possible. We do a lot of it. As a matter of fact practically every every Brazilian Butt Lift I do gets some fat injected into the outer thigh.
    As far as what you describe next, it is correct. We call it fat redistribution. A lot of thoughtful and well planned liposuction takes this into account.

May 14, 2013 at 5:02 am

Hello Dr. Rodriguez. I have two questions: Are injections into the Thighs possible? After an area has fat taken from it, does less fat store there after a future weight gain, thus forcing the gained weight onto other areas of the body? Thank you

May 13, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Cherry:
    It depends.
    How do you look when you gain weight? Do you look hourglass then? Or do you look like an apple shape, or a pear shape?
    If you could gain weight and lo0ok like an hourglass, would you do it?
    The principle of fat grafting is that we redistribute the fat from where you have it to where you want it. So depending on how much fat you have, we could give you an hourglass figure.
    Write an email to Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she could arrange a virtual consult to see what’s possible for you!

May 7, 2013 at 5:47 am

Am not fat and i wish for a super hour glass shape…can it be done

May 6, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Florence:
    Yes, of course there is. We can do it with fat grafting, and we do it a lot. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info!

May 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Davita:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. She can give you a lot of info.
    There are other alternatives to enhance your butt which are less expensive, but give great results

May 6, 2013 at 8:21 pm

M:
    Don’t think of it as weight only. Think of it as how to get the figure you want.
    For example, if you could gain weight only in your hips, to get the hips you want, would you do it?
    Well if you gained a few pounds in your belly, as an example, where you don’t want it, we could then take that fat and transfer it to your hips, where you want it.
    That is the principle of fat sculpturing. You are basically modifying how your body stores fat, so it stores it where you want.
    Don’t think of it as total weight, rather as what kind of figure you want.
    In any case, most women do have more fat than they think, and I’m sure if you sent us pictures I could give you a better idea.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll be glad to help you!

May 6, 2013 at 1:44 am

Hi, i would like to know if there really is a way to widen the hips, im a 22 year old girl with very narrow hips, is there a way or is it impossible?

May 5, 2013 at 9:27 pm

How much is the Brazilian butt lift?

April 21, 2013 at 9:21 am

Hi,

I wanted to get fat grafting just for my hips. I am pretty slim and have no fat on my stomach (I work out a lot) but I have straight hips. I don’t want to have to gain weight. I have read everywhere that one has to gain weight in order to do the procedure, are there any alternatives? Secondly, you claimed that fat grafting can be permanent. I am just wondering if I would be able to move on with my life even after the procedure. Would I still be able to exercise and run or would I not be able to do anything in order not to lose the fat? Thanks! How long does it take to schedule a procedure

February 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Jenny:
    First of all, wait at least 6 months after your last procedure is done to let all the tissues heal properly.
    Secondly, things will improve over time, even though it does not seem like it now.
    I can answer some of your questions in the form of a “virtual consult” done by phone or Skype. You can ask Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she can set it up.
    You can also find other plastic surgeons in your area and get a second opinion.

Ask for your pre op pictures, I find that it sometimes when patients are discouraged by how they are not where they want to be, it helps to see where they came from.

February 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Jennifer:
    We get plenty of patients from New York!
    We also get patients that fly over from many parts of the US.
    Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net can get back in contact with you with pricing information.
    Pricing information will have to do with how many areas we do liposuction on. If we are only doing the hips, we may be able to do with only one area of liposuction, but the best way to decide is by doing a virtual consult where we can speak by Skype or phone so I can get a good idea of what is needed. You can talk to Kelly about setting up the virtual consultation.
    We’re looking forward to talking with you!

February 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Chelsea:
    Fat grafting done well is permanent. I’m referring you to a couple of posts so you can see how and why fat grafts can be permanent.

February 24, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Candice:
    Of course we can help you!
    We do do a lot of fat grafting to the hips and it works very well.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net she will be more than happy to help you!

February 23, 2013 at 1:12 am

HI im really deppresed and dont know what to do or where to go..no one has answerd my questions…i had.severall procedures done breast implantd tummy tuck and BBL.. After i had my breast done i felt confident and “trusted” my surgeon so he did my tummy tuck after it was done i had what he called doggie ears in my abdomen but before that i went to ER because there was an area that never sttopef.nleeding and so it got infected..i then when back to him and he recut thst area.in hes office in a none steryl area and also he cut off the doggie ears he called
    Soon after he continued on recutting and my scar goes.almost to my back and it looks terrible from side to.side also my belly button is huge. .im a monster…i also had paid him.for a BBL in wich he did lipo suction and used this huge serynge and that same serynge with the fat graft he injected it to my butt wich did nothing but a huge bruse and.it felt like a hard ball. ..i havent gone back to him because of this readons. ..please someone help me dont know what to do im really deppresed

February 20, 2013 at 3:31 am

I live in the New York area, came across your website. Just wanted to ask a huge question. I know consultations are not easy through this… But figured ill try my luck. I’m high hipped, right under my hip bone sinks in, I am looking into fat injections to widen That area. Only on the sides, I’m very pleased w the rest of my body, just need a bit of hip. Maybe you can get back to me with a quote on prices, being i live Far away, id travel to get it done of course but not without knowing what your prices are. Thanks so much.

February 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Does it stay this way forever? or does it wear off?

February 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

hello. I have a similar shape but much worse. Genetics. I have a boyish figure and am in need of help. Im a 29 waist and only 32 hips. Can this work for me?

February 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Danielle:
    If you have a bad credit rating your best bet is just to save up money.
    Alternatively you could have somebody co-sign for you if you want to have a loan.
    I would recommend in most other cases to got to a University hospital that has a plastic surgery program, but the truth is that as of now I doubt many plastic surgery residency training programs would have the expertise to do this.
    But don’t give up hope, where there is a will, there’s a way

February 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Hello-
    i am about 5″8 and 137 and my challenge area is my belly…from child birth…i am 38 and I am really committed to getting fat injections into my narrow hips that have kept me insecure and unhappy for years. I am credit challenged from a lengthy and hard divorce…do you have payment plans if it is expensive? How can you make his affordable to people that are not just looking to be cosmetically fit but to also help boost confidence? Thanks for your time in advance.

January 20, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Dear “S”:
    Yes, we have done calf injections, although it is not very common.
    we definitely can add fat to your deficient areas and combined with lipo on other areas, we can restore a much better appearance.
    Contact Kelly at Kelly@cosmeticsurg.net to set up a virtual consultation so we can evaluate you and make specific recommendations.

January 20, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Daisy:
    If the area is lumpy, you probably had some fat resorption. Or maybe it was lumpy before and you just did not notice it.
    Whatever the reason, it is likely to be relatede to the surgery if it was not like that before.
    If you are interested, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she will be able to set you up for a virtual consult so see can see what the problem is and what possible solutions there are.

January 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Hello, I was born with clubfoot. One calf, and hip as well as buttock are smaller than the other. The main problem is the smaller calf. Do you do calf injections? Also, my smaller hip and buttock are ever so slightly (1-2 inches) smaller. Could you add small amounts of fat in this area to create more fullness?

January 17, 2013 at 8:43 pm

i had fat transfer to the but done 11 months ago the area where the fat was put in looks very lumpy can you do any thing to make look smooth

January 5, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Tamal, Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net will be getting in touch with you shortly.
    We’d love to hear from you.
    We do this often, we do it really well, and we love doing it!

January 5, 2013 at 4:10 pm

This is exactly what I’m looking to get injections to widen my hips. I would love to get more information about the procedure the cost and where are you are located. Thanks

December 17, 2012 at 12:11 pm

No drugs, just your own fat

December 13, 2012 at 3:58 am

I want to know if there’s any approved drug for hip n butt enlargemnet

September 25, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Bibi:
    We are in Baltimore.
    We have done cases like yours. It works better if you are already on estrogen because you start accumulating a little fat in the area which really helps when we are injecting new fat into the area.
    Contact Kelly at Kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’d love to help you!

September 25, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Janine:
    I can’t see if we can achieve what you have in mind without speaking to you or seeing your pictures, but I can tell you we can achieve dramatic results.
    We have changed many patients lives with this procedure.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net she’d love to help you!
    We are looking forward to hearing from you.

September 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Sonya:
    It would work on your body type. We do a lot of cases like yours.
    The best way to go forward now is to contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    She can arrange for a virtual consult or she can answer questions for you.

September 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Sire where can I fine you??? I’m a ladyboy/shemale and I want to widen my hip…

September 20, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Hi i have broad shoulders no hips small butt is it possible for me to make my hips as broad as my shoulders to give me an hour glass

September 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Hello well were can I start I go up and down in weight alot im 5 5 and weight from 125 to 145 but my butt never changes. I dont have hips either and I wouldnt say I have heavy fat in my tummy area but there is some I would like to get rid of. I would love a dramatic change such as u described in ur story do u think it would work for my body type. Please get back to me thanx

September 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you really understand what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my site =). We can have a link trade agreement between us

September 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Suki:
    Your problem is not as rare as you think. The bulge above your waist is part of the fat deposition in the lower back flank area as it extends to your side. In between this and the “saddle bag” fat deposit in your thigh, the depressed area is called the supratrochanteric fat pad. Here the skin naturally sticks more closely to the thigh muscles.
    The solution is to do a lot of lipo in the upper part of the “3″, or “muffin top”, and also inject fat into the indented skin.
    We do this quite a bit and we can help you for sure.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, we’ll be happy to help.

September 4, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Blake:
    Contact Kelly, she will help you.
    We definitely do what you are thinking of with your hips and we do it on every case. The hips are an integral part of our procedure.
    There are patients that gain weight in the central part of their body only. The purposer of the procedure is to take those fat cells and transfer them to your hip area, so that when you gain weight, you will gain it in the hip area.

August 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

Hello !!
    i have a strange problem .. i have hips , normal size but there’s a bump in the middle .. it looks like number 3 .. i think its because i used to waer very tight jeans since ever .. but it really looks ugly .. i’d like to know if i could inject fat only in that part
    i have some fat in my midsection after the pregnancy
    please i’d really need your help

August 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Hello dear Doctor, i am
    Located in NY (but would travel to fix this problem) everyone says im pretty and my body is fine but i disagree veinmently. My narrow hips handicap me. I started gaining wEight everywhere. Arms, fave, thigs and most of all stomach… About 155lbs… I wanted to know if alll these places could have fat transferred to hip area. I honestly just want to be proportional. I do what a fuller butt but hips are WAY more important to me. What do u suggest? And what is price range! Please help

August 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Taylor:
    Yes it is possible to gain weight when taking steroids, it is a recognized side effect.
    Having said that, no matter how many fat cells I inject, if you lose the weight the fat cells will be there, but without any fat on them, so they won’t have a bulk effect.
    You should go to an internist to see why you can’t gain weight. Maybe you have a metabolic issue or a hyperactive thyroid.It is worth looking into.The internist could refer you to a nutritionist.
    Do you smoke? Smoking suppresses the appetite. Likewise some drugs suppress the appetite. These are all things you should discuss with your internist.

July 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm

And if not, how can I gain weight ? Thank youu.

July 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I am 5’6.5” and I only weight 108. I feel like I dot have enough body fat. I’ve tried everything in the world possible to gain weight. I
    drink the body building shakes, i’ve exercised, i’ve tried eating more and nothing’s working. I remember a time when I got Angiodema from this medicine and the doctor perscribed me steroids and I was BLOATED. Everyone thought I was pregnant, but my question is, … Is it possible to gain fat from steroids in order to use for the procedure ?

July 22, 2012 at 9:36 pm

accie:
    The only thing I can recommend you is to either get an extended leave or ask for extra time because you are your abdominal muscles repaired.
    It would be risky to go right back into strenuous physical exercise so soon after surgery.
    Call us if you have any questions!

July 22, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Sheryl:
    Of course we can help you!
    You sound like an ideal case for redistributing the fat from your midsection to your hips.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll be glad to help you.

July 21, 2012 at 6:25 pm

i am 5’6 and 183 pounds, i just had my son 6 months ago and i want a better body but i have a huge problem. i am a Marine in U.S Military so right after i come back to work i will have to start working out harder than the adverage civilian everyday. do you think me working out hard right after my 27 days of rest will affect the surgery??

July 18, 2012 at 9:57 am

Annie:
    I don’t know who else does it.
    I can also tell you that prices for most surgeries are very variable depending on surgeon, city, etc.
    We have done a few patients of your height and weight and it is really a matter of getting the right proportions more than bulk, so depending on what your body looks like now, you may be OK at a weight that is comfortable for you without having to force feed yourself.
    Thanks for writing, and we’ll get back to you soon.

July 18, 2012 at 9:30 am

I have a very big buttocks and mid section .I am 40 and I would like to have hips to match.I have plenty of fat around my midsection.I would love to have that transfer to my hips for a more curvy firgure.can you help me?

July 17, 2012 at 1:00 am

I emailed the kelly@cosmeticsurgs.net about a week ago and have not gotten a response yet. I’m about to turn 20 and have very narrow hips and thats how it is with all the girls in my family. I am 5 feet and 103 pounds, but I am very capable of gaining weight if needed. I just really want to know how much it costs, the reviews, and where it could be done.

June 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Jane:
    You are 16 years old so no ethical surgeon would consider doing this operation unless it was with the full consent and authorization of your legal guardian.
    Having said that, if you are serious about this, you should save your money for when you are over 18 years old.
    By then things may have changed for you and you may feel differently.
    For now, enjoy your youth, many people would do anything to be as young as you are!

June 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm

This sounds perfect for me, i am still a little too young to do this but I am really thinking about getting this and the butt injection done. You see, I have BIG love handle above my hip or whatver it’s called, and a small hip and a small butt so my body just looks weird! Plus I don’t look right in jeans and my love handle just pops out so i have to wear my pants higher than usual to hide my love handle. It’s frustrating and I just want to cry because when i bend out whatever, it’s harder for me to do stuff and wear stuff. I get so sick and typing about it just makes me so darn frustrated! I’m only 16, but I am willing to save up for surgery. I was so against it, but now I don’t know if I can deal with my body like this, even if I loose weight I don’t think it will change the fact that my body is like this. So what should I do?

May 19, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Marie:
    We can definitely help you.
    I will put Kelly in contact with you for details. We have done many patients like you.
    Kelly’s contact info is kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We look forward to meeting you!

April 17, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Mary-
    It is all a matter of proportion. We have done patients who weigh only 95 pounds. They did not get a
    “J-Lo Butt” but did get a significant change in their figure.
    If you are interested in the specifics of your own case, I would suggest a virtual consult where I can see pictures, discuss expectations etc. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you’re interested.

April 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

hi i am a female, i’m 5’9 and weigh 120 pounds. i have narrow hips(31 inches) and a small butt i also hav broad shoulders(36 and 1/2 inches)…. i want a bigger butt and wider hips but i don’t have a lot of fat on my body….can u help?

April 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Sir,
    I am 24 years old. I have broad shoulders, narrow hipps and small buttocks. I am 5’6″ and weigh 111 pds. I am very worried about the way i look. I want to know if its possible to get wider hips and big buttocks with surgery in my situation. How much would it cos?

March 29, 2012 at 7:57 am

Mica:
    Like you, I have reservations about hip implants.
    Although breast implants have had a long and successful history, implants to the buttocks and hips have a much spottier history.
    Perhaps it is because these areas are subjected to much more trauma from sitting down and bearing direct pressure.
    Fat injections to this area have proven to be very reliable for me.
    In your particular case, to make a judgement, I would have to see pictures and get a better idea of where fat could be harvested from.
    If you are interested contact kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’d love to help if we can.

March 25, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Sir,
    I am a 28 year old female. I am 5’3” and weigh 48kg. I want to make my hips wider of course. But i do not want fat taken away from any other part of my body. Maybe, except from my tummy. But i really do not have much fat to spare like that.
    I have read of hip implants but scared of the pros and cons.
    Please, could your team be of any help to me as i have suffered for too long in low self confidence.

March 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Ron:
    Yes, it would help.
    The hormones used during the process of sex change also help, but the fat redistribution will give a much more pronounced effect.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you are interested.

March 22, 2012 at 10:44 am

Im a male with no hips and no butt really at all, im looking to gain a more feminine body shape because i plan on getting a sex change eventually, curious if this procedure would also work for me.

March 11, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Jasian:
    We’d love to help you.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    You can change your body and hips, we do it all the time!

March 11, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Darnella:
    It is all a matter of proportions. So yes, I can improve your hips.
    We have done several patients under 115 pds. I’d have to see pictures to give you a more precise idea, so contact Kelly if you are interested.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

March 4, 2012 at 6:54 pm

this is amazing, i need something like this. i have large love handles and small hips with a flatt butt. my family has always been like this from my mom’s size and i need this surgery because i cant even fit in my jeans right!

March 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

I’m 5’4, 115 pounds… Will I be a good candidate for this procedure even though I weigh so little?

February 22, 2012 at 11:20 am

This blog is nice and amazing. I love your post! It’s also nice to see someone who does a lot of research and has a great knack for ting, which is pretty rare from bloggers these days.
    Thanks!
    Blood pressure

February 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Jeniifer (spelling?):
    Where are you a medical student at?
    If your depression is affecting your study, you should seek help. There are a lot of wonderful new medications that could make a HUGE difference in your life.
    As far as your hips go, we do do fat injections to the hips as well as thighs. BTW, the injections are not of fat proper, but of fat cells. Fat cells are not dangerous by themselves, and fat tissue contains a high proportion of stem cells
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you are interested in a virtual consult.

February 15, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I am battling with depression. I am a medical student and depression affects not only me in person but also my study. I have a narrow hip, a boy’s figure. I have a BUTT but NO HIPS. Was thinking of getting fats injections done maybe in a year or two. How much does it cost. Does it have any adverse effect later since its just fats. Pls do reply as soon as possible.
    THANKS.

February 3, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Jenn:
    We do hip injections on most of our patients. The reason we don’t do front pictures is that most people are just interested in the butt. You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurgery.net and she will round up some pictures for you. We can also have you talk to patients we have done.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

February 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm

okay, so i am a little lost here between the b’more butt lift and hip injections. im okay with my butt size i guess, but i dont have hips and more of the love handles. if i stand relaxed i pretty much look like a boy, and from the back i like how my butt looks but not how my body looks. i dont have the hourglass shape or even a pear shape. i get lost with the pictures because i see them identical. everything is in the butt, but i havent seen any wider hips.all im missing is my hips. so please can you better explain to me. or just show pictures of the front view.

January 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Denise:
    You are a perfect candidate for liposculpture, because what we do is exactly what you propose- We take the fat from your back, belly and love handles and put it in your butt and thighs
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d love to talk to you. You can do this, and your body will change.

January 3, 2012 at 1:52 am

Hello Dr. Rodriguez

All my life I’ve dreamed of the day that I can look in the mirror and smile at what’s looking back at me. I have a hard to loose pot belly with love handles and back fat. I would love to move it all to my butt,hips & thighs. I’ve always said I have a backwards body since my stomach is fat & flabby and my lower butt is flat & my breast are 34DD and my waist line is way too wide for my frame…. My question, is it possible to have fat injected into the upper or lower thigh area?….. Although I’m 145lbs I have a flat butt & thin thighs, just looks odd, I’ve tried working out but the only thing that shrinks is my butt & thighs, my belly & back fat is stubborn. I desperately need your help, I’ll be in touch with your office real soon.

Happy New Year!
    Denise

December 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Sabrina:
    I have given Kelly your email.
    Contact her to get more info and just to chat if you want. Her contact info is kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

December 8, 2011 at 4:23 am

What is the price range of hip injections?

November 23, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Joslyn:
    In general, I do not inject into the butt and the breast at the same time because after surgery people have to keep pressure off the injected area. So if I inject the butt, then they have to lay on the chest, which would not be good for the injected areas of the breast. If, on the other hand they lay on their back to protect the chest, then they are putting pressure on the butt.
    Since we are talking about the hips, it is a little different, and that may work, you would just have to be careful not to put any pressure on the injected areas for 3 weeks.
    What you propose is very doable, indeed, it is the way a fat transfer works- take fat away from the unwanted areas and put it where you want.
    You can get bigger hips, smaller waist and bigger breasts. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll be happy to help you!

November 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Hello Dr. Ricardo
    I have a couple questions first off I am not sure I have enough fat to distribute to do all this but was wondering is there one a way to ingect it into the chest area and as well I have a good sized butt but my hips are a bit narrow so was wondering if it was possible to do just the hips and as well increase the bust size as well. also what Kind of “Ball park” figure would I be looking at to do something like this, I have a good decent amount of fat build up in my mid section and would love to transfer it all to more desireable areas, I would figure of doing the hips first and then whatever is left see if the chest could be brought out more. if it is possible but deffinatly want a smaller waist as well
    thanks
    Joslyn

November 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

Dee:
    This is one of the few times i can say this, but without having seen you I can predict you will have a good result. The key is the measurements you give me. When you gain weight, you gain it in the Abdomen and the butt. Specifically, you gain 3 inches in the abdomen and 6 inches in the butt. Then you try to take weight of the belly, but it doesn’t work. That is because that fat is hard to get rid of unless you are losing weight everywhere, including the butt.
    Now suppose I was able to get some of that hard to get rid of fat from the belly and put it in the butt. Then you are making the waist thinner and the butt bigger, which is what you want. Furthermore, that happens without having to gain weight. That is a Brazilian butt lift.
    And yes, I would love to do it for you!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    And spread the word about the blog!

November 15, 2011 at 11:56 am

Hi Dr. Rodriquez,
    I’m 48 and have lived a long time with measurements of 38,39-35.
    If I eat everything in sight I can get my measurements to 38-42-41. I tried exercising my stomach but after a year all I could get was 2 inches off the stomach. But sill I look CRAZY. So I went back to eating a regular diet and I’m back to 38-38-35.
    Can your Brazilian Butt be for me?
    thanks I think you’re great, a sculptor
    dee

November 11, 2011 at 11:30 am

Ahsan:
    Unfortunately, diet and exercise won’t help. How your body stores fat in certain areas is hereditary. That is why you have to do lipo and fat injections if you want to change your body fat deposition pattern.
    Come to the US and we’ll help you! :)

November 10, 2011 at 4:14 am

HI how are you
    i am ahsan from karachi,pakistan
    my problem is that i have very small hips and i want to make them big in size and fat to looks more smart
    please tell me those foods or tablets which can help me and make my hips fat and big in size and suggest me any exercise or any tips to help me in this problem please

November 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

Jenn:
    Your problem is relatively common. This is how I deal with it.
    This patient may or may not look like you, but please look at the diagrams carefully. The procedure will dramatically change your waist to hip ratio which is a body beauty ideal.
    It also enhances the buttocks and hips.
    You can contact Kelly if you are interested in us helping you, as we get lots of out of town patients. kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

November 7, 2011 at 2:31 am

i am from Ghana in Africa, i have 43 inche of hips but i have fats around my wait which looks like i have two waits. Plz help.

October 30, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Anna:
    We can really help you if you have any fat. The girl in these pictures weighed 95 pounds and she got a good result. In addition, as she gains weight, she will gain it her hips and butt which is where she got the fat grafts.
    You do not need to gain weight, we can help you right now!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she will be more than happy to help you.

October 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Laiz:
    It can only be your own fat.
    As far as how old you have to be, you should be at least over your growth spurt, and if you are not over 18, you will need a parent or legal guardian to approve.
    Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net will be more than happy to give you more info.

October 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Rebecca:
    Check out this post about how body shape can be changed. With you being young, the results can even be better.
    The procedure essentially takes the fat from your upper body and places it in your lower body, and the change is permanent. Your body will be closer to hourglass figure, and much more attractive.
    We’d love to help you, contact Kelly at Kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll help you get set up!

October 30, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Jackie:
    We can definitely help you. We do this often. You tend to accumulate weight in the upper body and what we do is take those same cells from your upper body and replace them in the lower body (butt and hips).
    As far as your weight, we like for patients to be at a weight they normally are.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’d love to help you!
    Check this blog post re weight, body shape and lipo

October 13, 2011 at 9:57 am

Hi Dr. Rodriguez.
    I’ve been looking into this like crazy. I’m 20 years old and my body has stayed the same, as in a board shape. my measurements are 32-23-25, my mom has huge hips and my sister got blessed with them but i got blessed with my dad’s body which is no hips whatsoever. It’s really frustrating being hispanic and having nothing to look at. I heard that some patients don’t qualify for hip injections due to the fat & space. I weigh around 107-109. some is muscle some is fat. I’m not voluptuous like I’d like to be. I don’t like how I look in jeans, skirts, shorts, or worse bikinis. Would i need to gain weight in order to qualify. & is it possible to inject fat into my upper thighs to even out everything & upper bum area? I have no boobs or hips but hips would make me the happiest and make me feel great about myself.
    Thanks!

October 11, 2011 at 8:17 pm

How old do you have to be to get this procedure done? & can someone else donate fat that can be used or it can only be your own fat?

October 7, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Hi, I am going to be 19 years old this month and I was waiting for my body to developed some curves it never happened I have a full D cup but my hips are so narrow and my butt is not flat but its not really shapely either. I have a cone figure with broad shoulders, I am about 135lbs so I am not really fat. ,waist is about 31 inches wide and my shoulders 43 inches wide. I would love to have bigger hips and butt( to even out my top heavy body), by transferring the fat from my stomach and shoulders to my hips and butt. Will this make my body have curves like a hourglass.

and if so how much does the procedure cost? because I would love to have it done.

-thankyou

October 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Im on the thicker side big breast larger tummy not completely flat buttocks but i would like to have a larger butt and maybe hips. would you recommend losing wieght first im 5″10 and about 180. my shoulders are also wide wish i could narrow my upper body and have a curvier lower body or to at least be even. Please help id greatly appreciate it!

October 1, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Nina:
    I have done a few patients that were in the 95 to 110 pound range. Yes, something can be done with fat injections.
    Remember, the most important thing about a Brazilian Butt lift is not the size of the implant itself, but the proportions between the waist an the hip. When the ratio is 0.7 the figure is perceived as attractive by observers from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. This is true whether the patient is slender, average, or full bodied.
    The problem with implants is that they are most hard and visible precisely on the patients who need it most- slender patients like you. I have had to inject fat OVER implants because they felt hard and uncomfortable.
    Most people who do a lot of buttocks work will tell you they do mostly fat grafting. I had a patient who requested implants and I referred her to someone who does implants a lot and the secretary who answered her told her the complication rate for implants was 30%!!!!
    Finally, a nice thing about fat is that you can direct it where you want it, so I can put some in the hips, some in the lower pole of the buttocks, or upper pole, as the patient requests, whereas an implant is one lump.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be more than happy to help you!

October 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Lauren:
    Get it Done!
    The closer you get to a ratio of 0.7 between your abdomen and hips, the better you will look, and that is independent of weight.
    Believe me we do a lot of this, and It works.
    Contact Kelly@kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be more than happy to help you.

October 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Helen:
    Not necessarily. Here is a blogpost on a woman who lost over 10 mounds (She weighed 136 or so and went down to 125) You will see she retained her buttocks shape and volume.
    Anyways, contact Kelly!

October 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Helen:
    If you weigh 150, you have enough. We’d love to help you, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll answer a lot of your questions and put you in contact with other patients for you to talk to.
    Kelly can also talk to you about financing.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

September 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Hi Dr.Rodriguez,
    Im doing alot of research’ about all these procedures (fat transfer,implants) because i find myself skinny and i want more curvous shape and let me tell you that im lost with all this!! Some surgeon say fat transfer is better then implants because you get a naturel result and its safer others say with implants you get the result that you want so now my question is.. On skinny people like me (106lbs 5p3) is it better to look for implants or fat transfer? And is it possible to transfer fat in the thighs area as well?

Thank you .

September 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

My God, this sounds amazing. It would change my life. I’m 5’3″ and 3/4, my measurements are 28-23-27. And I hate my body. I don’t want breast implants because I already feel too top heavy. It causes a lot of emotional problems, feeling inferior, feeling totally un-womanly.
    I suppose I don’t have much fat to harvest, but I carry *all* my weight in my belly, and since my frame is so small, only the smallest additions are going to be necessary. It has to be enough.
    How much should I aim to save for? I *am* doing this.

September 14, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Oh and another question. If I get fat transfer, will I lose it by exercise, I run 2 miles very other day!

September 14, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I am 5’4″ and I hate my love handles I have had since I was a teenager, I don’t have hips or butt, all my friends even sister have hips and big butts except me :( I always wished to get surgery one day. But I don’t know how much it would cost to do it or if there could be a payment plan… Would i have to gain weight in order for me to get enough fat for my hips and butt? I now weight 150 pounds.. Sorry about all the questions.. I need answers thank you! :)

August 23, 2011 at 8:46 am

Kayla:
    The size limit depends on 2 things- how much fat we can harvest, and how much “space” there is in your bum.
    Of course, no matter how much one puts in the key is wether it survives. For that you need a surgeon who is experienced in the procedure.
    Be wary of surgeons who tell you the procedure just takes 3-4 hours. Read my posts on fat harvesting techniques here and here.

August 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm

thanks Dr. Rodtiguez.

Sorry I meant my measurements are 34-28-36 (not 24).

Also will the fat that is injected last my whole life time or would I need a ‘top up’. Is there any chance of fat leaking out? What exactly is this type of surgery called?

August 18, 2011 at 3:58 am

Hello Doctor,
    I’d really like to have the surgery and I am pretty sure that I have more than enough fat for the procedure but I was wondering was there an actual size limit on the final results.I am a transgender woman who has always longed to have dangerous curves.My ideal outcome is to have a huge bum.I was wondering if that was a realistic expectation.

August 16, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Jusna:
    The fat is taken from other parts of your body. If you are “banana shaped”, but have measurements of 34-24-36, you most likely have fat pockets that can be harvested.
    The harvested fat can then be injected only into the hips, if you so desire.
    I inject into the hips on practically every case of fat injection to the buttocks, and I think it makes a tremendous difference. It creates a very attractive hourglass figure.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you are interested.

August 14, 2011 at 6:36 am

Hi there,

I have no hips. I am a banana/ruler shape. This is really affecting my confidence. My measurements follow 34-28-36.

I was wondering if you can explain to me the process of having injected into my hips. I don’t necessarily want a butt lift, just want some curves! How much will it cost? Is it just a one off operation or will I need to undergo the operation again after some years?

August 10, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Jocelyn:
    I would love to help you.
    We do a lot of butt lifts and it is now routine for us to inject into the hip area. The results are clearly superior.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net . She can put you in contact with patients who have had the procedure if you are interested in first hand accounts, as well as give you pricing information.
    I am looking forward to meeting you and helping you get a great result.

July 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm

hi, my name is jocelyn sykes and i want a brazilian butt lift also. I want fat injected in both butt and hips. I long for hips. I have to have them and it seems really hard to find doctors that would inject fat into my hips due to other things…was wondering the cost and an update on the patient described in your story. Please reply bk. Im serious about getting the procedure done on myself. Thank you

July 14, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Shawnee:
    You can always improve your figure by a combination of liposuction and fat injections.
    If you want to know specifically what can and cannot be done, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net so we can set up a virtual consult. We’d love to help you out!

July 8, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I am 20 years old, and i weigh 153 Ibs, alot of ppl will tell you that i have a sexy body, but i dont believe in skinny being sexy. God blessed me with assests, like my butt and boobs, butim left without the essential of an exotic woman and it is really a hard thing for me to come to terms with. I am just now starting bikini contests, and i always go up against these voluptuos women with curvy hips, and lifted buttocks, it is so demeaning. I would really love to get hip and butt injections, and my stomach has never gone down, it is so small but it sticks out a bit, if you can help, that would be awesome!!!!

July 8, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Audrey:
    I don’t know if you are the same person as audrey_willis@gmail.com, but read the answer to her post.

July 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Audrey:
    Anybody can have the procedure as long as they are healthy.
    Because of the way fat is distributed in the body, when you take off fat cells during liposuction, the body will tend to distribute the excess fat to the other fat cells left in the body. So if you excercise the same and eat the same, after a month or so, your weight will be redistributed to the cells that were not liposuctioned.
    Imagine if we liposuction around your butt, much like a sculptor does with a block of stone to end up with a shaped sculpture, then you might not even need fat injections.
    You may still get them if you want, but I find in patients like you we can sometimes shape a very curvy and perky butt with just lipo.
    Call Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net so we can take a look at your pictures and see what we can come up with!

July 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Jennifer:
    The scars are really minimal for liposuction and fat grafting. As a matter of fact, the scars are only 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch, and we place them in strategic places so even at the beach they can’t be seen. For buttocks and hips fat injections the injection sites are hidden within buttocks folds.
    It sounds like you really would benefit from this procedure, and if you are interested, you should contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be glad to help you!

July 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hi Dr.
    I am 5’8, obese, about 275lbs and currently toning up and losing weight. I am happy with the track im on, and will soon be to an ideal weight and shape. However, i am not happy with my rear end (like most women)! My natural form is flat in the back with more fat upfront and uptop. I have plenty of fat that can be taken from my tummy and injected into my buttocks… Is the brazilian butt lift possible for an obese person? I have no pre-existing conditions and normal blood pressure, just fat :) Thanks!

July 6, 2011 at 2:40 am

Hi dr. Roderiguez,
    I am 5’8, and obese, about 275, but with a naturally athletic build.. I have been toning recently, and do not desire to become skiny in any way shape or form.. im just toning. However, i have a butt that doesnt match the rest of my body. I’ve got plenty of fat in my tummy and arms and would love to have alot of that injected into my buttocks… Would tht be possible? Can obese people get the procedure? Thanks!

July 5, 2011 at 2:01 am

Hi Dr. Ricardo L. Rodriguez. I’m interested in wide hips, I have pretty narrow hips. Sort of like a boyish figure & my mom reminds me constantly. I’m 20, around 5’1″ & weigh around 105. I do have a kangaroo pouch but that is only at times. I’m happy/content with my butt size & was just wondering how the scarring would turn out? Where you do the cutting to inject the fat & so on?

July 4, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Tiffany:
    Yes, definitely!
    As a matter of fact, sometimes all it takes is a little tweak to turn a figure from OK to great. Taking out a little from your waist by itself will be great, adding to the hips will make it even better. Go for it, you have a great figure (34-27-34) to build from.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, we’d love to help you!

June 29, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Hi Dr. Ricardo L. Rodriguez I have a measurement 34-27-34. I am 5’7″ and weighs 130 lbs. I would like to define my curves a bit more because my curves are so small that it is extremely hard to see. Is it possible for me to take some fat from my waist area to slim my waist area and add a few inches to my hips?

June 26, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Gracie:
    Yes, definitely! We do it a lot!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll be more than happy to help you.
    I’m looking forward to talking to you and making this happen

June 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Gracie:
    Hi Dr. Rodriguez I really want a brazilian butt lift I’m 5’5″ and weigh about 168lbs and i don’t want a tommy tuck.like your patient before I would like larger hips do you think that we can get away with just transferring fat?

May 10, 2011 at 10:27 am

Nicole:
    Since it is a male, and I don’t know what his shape is now, I would really need a virtual consultation to know what is possible and what the patients goals are.
    Technically, it is possible on any person, male or female, but I need to know more about the present shape of your cousin and what his expectations are.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she can give you some more info as well as arrange for a more thorough evaluation. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

May 6, 2011 at 10:48 am

Dr. Rodriguez:
    A cousin of mine of about sixteen years would be particularly ecstatic about this procedure!
    This seems absolutely ideal for him because he frequently alludes to me that he absolutely hates his apple shape and that fat accumulates on his stomach the most (he has a very obvious underbelly and it’s huge).
    He has confided in me that he aspired for a woman’s pear shape, though this was near impossible to change with dieting and exercise alone (the family has been keeping him on regimens for years and nothing seems to work).
    So I have a few questions before we consider advancing in on this plan.
    Is it possible to graft/transfer fat in such a way to alter a rather drastic man’s apple shape to a woman’s pear shape? Does having more fat in general mean better results? Can excessive fat be used for other patients since it’s purified (I think)? Is age really an issue or are there exceptions depending on certain conditions?
    Thank-you so much Dr. Rodriguez for posting this! I’m very happy to have finally found some type of alternative for a family member who has been trying to change for quite some time.

May 3, 2011 at 11:37 am

Renee:
    I have done this procedure on one man. He was from New York, so I don’t see him on follow up.
    We do not use visceral fat, as that would take major surgery going inside your abdomen.
    The whole objective of the procedure is not to inject as much fat as you can, but to reshape and contour the body to a voluptuous hourglass figure.

April 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Dr. Ricardo L Rodriguez,
    I’m very interested in this procedure as I have a very strong desire for wide hips and a larger, more squishy-like bottom (it hurts to sit down on stuff long with what I have going on now). My questions for you are of the following: have you ever done this procedure on men? If you have, how are the results there? Can a man receive feminizing effects from this procedure? Also, would having more fat to your body (like visceral fat or abdominal fat) give better results because you have more fat to distribute to the hips and butt area? Can obese people benefit from this?

Thank-you.

April 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

Rachel:
    If you check out our procedures page on Brazilian Butt lift you will see a patient who was 4’11″ and weighed 95 pds. We were able to inject 250cc to each buttock.
    I am sure we can help you, even at your present weight.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, we’d love to hear from you!

April 14, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Dr. Rodriguez,
    I am 5’0” and weigh 104lbs. Is this enough for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Should I gain some weight? If so, how much would you say? I would like to avoid implants.

February 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Toria:
    We do this routinely as part of our Brazilian Butt Lift. Although no guarantees can be made, I can tell you all of cases so far have kept their results, and this now includes 5 year follow ups.
    The surgery is very safe when done properly, in over 200 cases we have only had one minor infection in the area of the abdomen where we took the fat from. Needless to say the results are overwhelmingly positive, and we get patients from all over the US.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, we’d love to hear from you!

February 24, 2011 at 9:41 am

Hi doc,

When you say WHR of .7 are you measuring hip where the bottocks are the fullest? This could be erroneous as I could have a WH of .7 and yet I may not look hourglass from the font bcoz of narrow pelvic bones (inspite of a narrow waist)…. Does this widen the pevlis from the front to make it appear hour-glass or jst hcange the measurements and one may still not like so much of an hourglass and jst get an added inc or 2 to the measurement ?

February 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

If I get fat injections just in my hips, what is the price range and is it a procedure that wil last a lifetime or will I have to come back to get it done again? Also what are the risks and side eddects of it? and would you say this surgery usually has a positive outcome?

February 11, 2011 at 10:21 am

cyndi:
    We do a lot of fat grafting to the hips. We also do a lot of tummy tucks together with fat grafting.
    I think if you are in good health you would be a great candidate.
    Please give Kelly a call for pricing info. You can contact her at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

January 31, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Hello Dr. Rodriguez
    I am 5’3 I weigh 125 lbs,
    I have a really huge butt, small waist, & big breast.
    i’m interested in widening my hips to have more of an hour glass
    figure. How much would the cost be? i’m also thinking i’d like to get a tummy tuck to make my waist even smaller , & my hips much wider.

August 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

Chante:
    Fat transfer to just to the hips alone is possible and I have done it a few times. One patient in particular had had the fat transfer done to the buttocks then came back just for the fat injection to the hips.
    As far as fat graft take, I can assure you that that has not been an issue for me. Whether in the face, buttocks, or breast, I have yet to do repeated injections for insufficient take of the fat graft.
    After 3 weeks of meticulous attention to offloading the area that has been fat grafted, patients have no limitations as far as daily activities, driving, sitting, etc.
    Give us a ring or contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll be more than happy to talk to you and give you more info.

August 26, 2010 at 7:59 am

I am highly interested in fat transfer from my abdomen and flanks to my hips only. I have enough buttocks, just want the hips to make my appearance more curvy and feminine as well as shrink my waist. In your experience, how well does fat transfer take to the hip area? I know that with any fat transfer procedure some of the cells do not thrive. In addition, what are the limitations after fat transfer to hips in regard to daily activities i.e. sitting, driving? Thanks so much for your help.

August 20, 2010 at 8:36 am

Naomi:
    The ideal waist to hip ratio is .7. At 5’10 and 125 pds you must be rather slim. The question then becomes what is needed to get you at least to that .7 ratio?
    While it is true that your hip bones cannot be enlarged, the fat pads (commonly referred to as saddlebags) that are located at hip level can be augmented. I do it routinely.
    Fat is distributed in your body according to hereditary patterns. What the Brazilian Butt lift does is to alter that fat distribution in a way that pleases you more.
    I don’t think anyone can predict how many inches they would add to your hips, but to make any kind of educated guess I would have to look at your pictures and see what we have to work with.
    Contact Kelly ( kelly@cosmeticsurg.net ), she’d love to talk to you!

August 20, 2010 at 8:18 am

WZL:
    To be honest with you, very few patients are good candidates for butt implants. If they are thin enough that they don’t have enough fat, the implant itself will probably be palpable.
    At 5’5″ and 130 pds, you may still have enough fat for a significant recontouring. Remember. the objective is not so much to get a huge increase, but to alter the proportions of the waist to hip ratio of .7, which is an ideal no matter how much you weigh and which culture you live in.
    You may need only a little fat taken from one area and added to another to give you a great figure. It’s not about bulk, but about proportions. One patient in my Brazilian Butt Lift gallery was 4’11″ and weighed only 95 pds.
    Give us a call, we’d be happy to look at your pictures and give you a better idea of what your options are.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d love to help you!

August 16, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Hello Doctor,

My name is Naomi and i am 24 years old. I am 5’10 and weigh about 125 llbs. i have been inquiring about a plastic surgery procedure to widen my hips but i have been told that its genetic and that there is no way they could be widen. I read the above procedure with injecting fat in your hip area. My hips are about 29 inches and i am looking to widen them about 3 or 4 inches is that possible?

August 16, 2010 at 12:56 am

Doc,

Is this procedure possible for a very active and extremely healthy 30-year old female with very low body fat? Measurements would be 5’5 and 130lbs.

I am somewhat anxious about butt implants and would certainly prefer fat injections instead. However, as mentioned on your website, those without sufficient body fat may have to opt for implants.

I guess my question would be, what level of body fat qualifies one for a Brazilian Butt Lift using fat injections?

August 11, 2010 at 9:31 am

Tia:
    Although you are 4’11″ and weigh 95pds, this surgery is one of proportions. Our goal is to recontour your body. for this, we take some fat from areas where there is too much and relocate it to areas where there is not enough. The amounts needed are proportional to the person’s size. Obviously, a lot less fat is needed for a small person than for a large person.
    It sounds from your description that you may benefit from taking some fat from the back area as well as the abdominal area, but this is all speculation as I would need to see pictures before rendering a more meaningful opinion.
    As far as after care, I would recommend a 2-3 week stay. By that time any complications should have surfaced. Having said that, fat grafting is one procedure where I have not encountered any significant complications.
    Please contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more details, she’d be more than happy to talk with you. I’m sure we can help you.

August 4, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Hello from London Dr Rodriguez
    I’m interested in this procedure, let me tell you a little about my size/shape etc;
    I am 4’11, I weigh about 95 pounds. I have an upside triangle/apple shaped body, I’m very petite but I put on weight on my stomach. I have a butt so I am not interested in enhancing it although I understand that you can’t treat the buttocks as completely separate from the hips- the body should look uniform.

I am very self concious about my boyish figure because I have wide shoulders, a shapeless fat stomach and absolutely no hips. I only want my hips to be about an inch wider on each side, this will make a huge difference on my small frame.
    Will this still require a lot of fat to be removed from my stomach?

I also want to know about your after care service. I live in London…the last thing I would want is for there to be complications when I get home and my surgeon is halfway around the world.
    Thanks.

August 2, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Sharlene:
    Remember that the Brazilian Butt lift is as much about change in proportions as it is about increase in size. The fat in your body gets redistributed.
    So even with you weighing 130 pounds I am sure you can change your silhouette significantly by redistributing the fat that you already have. We have done Brazilian butt lifts in patients weighing as little as 90 pounds. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info and price quotations.
    We’d love to see you and help you out!

August 2, 2010 at 1:10 am

I am 18 years of age and I have medium breast size but my buttocks is really flat, I want to do the Brazilian Butt Lift but the sad part is, I weight about 130 lbs, and I do not have any excessive Fat at all. Is there anything that can be done other than getting implants? If not, how risky is the butt implants?

July 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

xxalexxaxlx:
    If this is your real name, I can’t wait to meet your parents.
    My preference would be as soon as the person reaches the age of adult consent. Depending on the state, that can reange from age 18 age 21.

July 27, 2010 at 10:38 am

I am 20 years of age and I have medium breast size but my buttocks is really flat, I want to do the Brazilian Butt Lift but the sad part is, I weight about 130 lbs, and I do not have any excessive Fat at all. Is there anything that can be done other than getting implants? If so how much well the procedure cost?

July 21, 2010 at 8:05 pm

i wanted to know what is the youngest age that can get the brazilian butt lift

May 17, 2010 at 7:28 am

Ashley:
    Your problem appears to be more complex that you think.
    First of all, the real source of the pain may have to be determined. With autoimmune disease and long term steroid use, the source of the pain may be anything from nerve problems to the joints themselves.
    Secondly, the steroid usage itself would pose problems for the healing phase of the surgery.
    Finally, the issue of Medicaid is pointless to discuss until the real cause of your problem is found out.
    You need to be evaluated for this by a team approach and I would suggest going to a University health clinic near you, so you can pull together a group of specialists to look at your condition.
    I wish you the best.

May 17, 2010 at 7:17 am

I am 24 years. I have an autoimmune disease and we use Prednisone to treat it. Unfortunately the Prednisone made me gain a whole lot of weight. And now I am really top heavy. I also have bone loss from the taking Prednisone for so long. The bone loss makes it very uncomfortable to sleep on either side and when I do I wake up with terrible hip pain.
    I was wondering would a surgeon be able to suck the fat out of my stomach and put on my hips? I have been thinking about it for a long time and it seems like it would work. The thing is that I am unemployed and the only insurance I have is Medicaid. I dont think that Medicaid will pay for it unless a doctor could convince them that the surgery would be very helpful to my health. The way I see it is that the surgery will decrease my midsection while will lower my risk for several diseases. And the fat tranfer to my hips would cusion my hip. Do you think what I am saying makes sense or could be done in that way that my insurance will pay?

May 4, 2010 at 7:53 am

Ama:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be happy to help you. About 30% of our patients are from out of town.
    Hope to hear from you soon!

May 1, 2010 at 3:15 am

How much does this procedure cost typically (for hip injections only) ??

April 11, 2010 at 9:12 am

Mokablak:
    About 40% of my clientele is african-american. I myself am latin, so believe me when I tell you, we are into hips. We do it a lot, and I have several patients on whom I have only done injection to the hips.
    As for the kangaroo pouch, a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck might help to pull in your waist and create the narrow part of the hourglass.
    Email Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net so we can talk.

April 9, 2010 at 7:24 pm

HI…AFRICAN AMERICAN…..I AM ABOUT A 32B AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE MY HIPS WIDER ALSO… I HAVE A BIG BUT SO NOT WORRIED ABOUT THAT BUT JUS WANT MORE HOURGLASS SHAPE AND I DO HAVE A SLIGHT KANGAROO POUCH FROM MY TWO CHILDREN… I NEED U!!

March 28, 2010 at 10:51 am

Renee:
    We are very familiar with what you are asking. As a matter of fact, recently we had a patient who had had a butt lift done by someone else. She told was she was happy with the butt, but not overall happy. After some discussion we figured out what she wanted was more hips.
    I have been offering hip augmentation for some time now and yes, we do inject fat into the hips routinely. If you are interested in this procedure, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. We’d be thrilled to help you because we love doing this procedure.

March 28, 2010 at 7:09 am

Hello,
    I have large breasts, a high small waist and very narrow hips. I am fine with my butt but I think it would be enhanced if my hips were more round. Is is possible to take the fat from my potbelly and add it to my hip area. Is that considered one procedure. When could I go back to work?
    Thanks!

March 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Lasha:
    You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she can give you pricing information and details on arranging a virtual consultation where I can review your pictures and make recommendations.
    We have had patients from St. Louis, you are not alone.

March 9, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Hi, I’m a small women and I wanted to know could I get hip injection to make me look more curvier. I also wanted to know the price for this procedure, and what is your location, because I live in St. Louis and there aren’t any doctors here that can perform this task. Thanks!

March 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Michelle:
    The problem is not necessarily absolute hip dimensions, but waist/hip ratio.
    Although you may not have much fat, a small decrease in hip girth (liposuction) combined with a small increment in hip girth (lipoinjection) might make a significant difference in appearance.
    If you are interested, we could set up a phone consultation where we could look at your pictures and let you know if we think something could be done. You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.

March 3, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Hi Doc,
    I have always being a slim figured person. I am 5’8- 5′ 9″ tall and I weight only 130lbs. I have wonderful breast 32 DD but no hips. As a result I appear to be topped heavy and not equally proportioned. I dont have much if any fat but I do not want to have implants. Is there anything that can be done to widen my hips without implants?

November 22, 2009 at 10:50 am

oli:
    Thanks for checking in with us.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she will b e more than happy to assist you with pricing questions.
    We’d be delighted to help you!

November 21, 2009 at 12:07 pm

How much will it cost approximately to extract fat from my belly and inject into my hips?

November 1, 2009 at 10:07 pm

We’d be delighted to help you.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    By the way, I see your internet carrier is libertypr- are you in Puerto Rico? My family is still there.

October 31, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Hi, Dr. Rodriguez, I’m iI am glad with my butts but I have narrow hips and I’m, interested in fat injection in said area. I’ve had a complex all my life because of this. Can you help me please?

October 27, 2009 at 11:21 am

Cindy:
    We have been doing hip injections routinely as a part of the Brazilian Butt Lift now for over 2 years. We love the results it gives and it does indeed alter body proportions.
    Contact Kelly for pricing information, she’d be happy to help you!
    Have a great day.

October 24, 2009 at 3:07 am

Finally! Someone’s talking about hip augmentation. I have very narrow hips and would like a more hourglass shape. Help! Nothing fits well and I always feel like a linebacker! Big on top and little on the bottom! Will you give me more information about the procedure and how much it is?
    Thank you!

October 2, 2009 at 10:33 am

You sound like a perfect candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift with enhancement to the hips. I do hip enhancement on 90% of my Brazilian Butt Lift patients and I think it set results above what you get when you only augment the butt.
    We have lots of patients from out of state, so we are familiar with the issues of travel.

October 1, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Dr. Rodriquez, I am 60 yrs of age. I have always been small and presently weigh 140 lbs, standing 5.5” tall. I am African American. My problem is small hips, that really don’t show under clothing, belly fat and love handles. I also have a small amount of over bra hang. I would be very interested in the butt lift and lipo on the love handle areas as well as hip enlargements. Would these things be call a body augmentation if the bra overhang was included. If s, could you please inform me of the cost of the procedure. I presently live in another state but would be willing to travel.

Thank You.

September 7, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Yes you can!
    It’s all a matter of fat redistribution. It’s the same principle as a Butt Lift.
    Send us pictures!

September 7, 2009 at 8:33 pm

There is always more fat than you think.
    Besides, the main thing is the proportions. Your hips just have to be a little curvier. Email Kelly if you want us to evaluate your pictures.

September 6, 2009 at 12:34 am

I have a small narrow waist, big butt and big thighs but narrow hips. Would I still be able to get this procedure even though technically i dont need a butt lift? I really just want wide hips. I dont have much love handles but i do have alot of inner thigh fat that i would like to get rid of.

August 29, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I also have narrow hips and that I made my life miserable. I would like to have my hips larger but I don’t have much fat in my body to inject in my “trochanteric fat pad”. Is there a solution for me?

August 19, 2009 at 12:37 pm

As long as the procedure is performed correctly, the fat grafts should be permanent.
    If the person loses weight after surgery, the fat used for the grafts will behave the same way. That is, if the fat used for the graft was from the love handle area, and that was the hardest area to lose weight from, the same will hold after surgery. The hips will now “hold on” to this fat.
    The fat cell distribution has been changed surgically, and it will remain so. The patient can gain or lose weight, but it will be in the new distribution pattern.

August 17, 2009 at 4:05 am

How long do results from this procedure last?
    When person goes on diet, or exercise, or looses weight after procedure, this new look changes, right?
    Then when he get’s fat again, is it now more fat on his but and hips, or does his body store fat now on old place before surgery?
    Does this distribution of fat cells have affect on future, I mean does body now store fat on different places or areas on body then it was used before ????
    How to control your look after surgery, is there special diet, how to keep fat in place???

August 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Yes, I do this now routinely on every single Brazilian Butt Lift I do unless patient objects. I think it really enhances the femenine silhouette.
    Ask Kelly, my patient coordinator, about it. She will be able to give you a quote . Her email is kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    We’re looking forward to meeting you.

August 4, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I’m intrested in the fat injected into hips are u still doing this and how much do u charge for this?

May 21, 2009 at 11:07 am

Thanx for the comments. The important thing to remember is that curves are more natural and appealing than straight lines, so even when you are doing lipo to the saddle bags one has to err on the side of caution. BTW, should it be an “A” shape or an “8″ shape?

May 20, 2009 at 12:18 am

me too. I notice women who reduce their hips (saddle bags) their left with a “H” shape instead of an “A” shaped body.

November 4, 2007 at 11:25 pm

Wow… that sounds amazing! That’s just what I need :)