Can a Tummy Tuck be performed with a Brazilian Butt Lift?

In many internet forums I often see the question asked: Can I have a tummy tuck with a brazilian butt lift?

The brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck can be safely performed together

– Dr. Rodriguez

The brazilian butt lift is a butt augmentation procedure which uses your own regenerative fat to enhance your buttocks. In my own practice, it is very common for patients to request a brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck in the same operative session. I have performed this combination of procedures for many years and I assure you they can be safely performed together.

ANESTHESIA CHOICE PLAYS A ROLE

One factor which allows me to do multiple procedures in the same operative session safely is that I use IV anesthesia instead of general anesthesia. General anesthesia carries higher pulmonary risks for long procedures. Therefore, with general anesthesia a 9 hour case would have more risk than a 4 hour case. Likewise, performing multiple elective procedures under general anesthesia can become an issue. Good surgeons never introduce unnecesary risks.

IV anesthesia does not carry the same risk for long procedures as general anesthesia. IV anesthesia allows you to breath on your own, thus dramatically reducing pulmonary anesthesia risks. With IV anesthesia, I can comfortably perform multiple procedures which require 8-10 hours of operative time.

TUMMY TUCK WITH BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT IS COMMON

The most common procedure that is performed with the brazilian butt lift is the tummy tuck. With IV anesthesia, the two procedures can be safely combined. The abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, actually enhances the effect of the brazilian butt lift, as your tummy and waist line are trimmer.  When you combine the two together, it is a dramatic transformation!

BREAST AUG WITH BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT NOT ADVISED

Occasionally, somebody will ask about combining the breast augmentation with the brazilian butt lift. In most cases, I do not recommend that combination. Why? Because Brazilian butt lift recovery requires you to lay on your stomach. While that is ok for the tummy tuck recovery, it is not ok if you have just received breast implants. Laying on your breasts immediately following the breast augmentation can cause problems.

To learn more about combination procedures with the brazilian butt lift, watch the video above where I describe multiple procedures in even further detail.  View Before and After Brazilian Butt Lift photos to see how patients have different amounts of fat injected. My Tummy Tuck photo section with over 30 sets of before and after photos shows what a tummy tuck does for different body types.

Posted in Body Butt

October 16, 2016 at 1:05 pm

This is not covered by insurance, but there are many companies that provide financing.
    We will have Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.netcontact you with options.
    Thanks for asking!

October 1, 2016 at 3:54 pm

I’m interested in a butt lift and was wondering r there any Dr.that will except any type of medical insurance

October 31, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Zenda:
    I will give your info to Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We do plenty of those and the results are very dramatic.

September 12, 2016 at 9:43 am

whats the cost for tummy tuck and a bbl together

January 8, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Shirelle:
    How overweight are you?
    Have you heard of BMI? If your BMI is over 34 you probable are better off deferring surgery until you lose some weight as a high BMI can result in higher rate of complications after surgery. Here is a link to calculate your BMI.
    If your BMI is below 34, contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net and she can give you more information on pricing.

December 12, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I have been overweight all my life teased and bullied I had my first child at 21 and gained more weight I am wanting to get a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift how much will that cost .

January 20, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Marcella:
    I’d love to help you.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

January 20, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Hello,

I would like a tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift. I am overweight but am willing to lose about 20lbs. I would like to estimated cost for the two procedures.

November 11, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Nelly:
    You need to contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net to get all the details.
    We look forward to hearing from you!

November 11, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Hi I was very interested in tt and bbl I’m from Ireland and would like to know how much it would cost as an estimate price and how long would I have to stay before I could fly home thank you

July 27, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Patricia:
    Kelly from our office, kelly@cosmeticsurg.net will get in contact with you.
    she usually handles the information then we can chat by Skype or you can come to our office. We’d love to help you!

July 22, 2014 at 9:26 am

I would like to know the price of the procedure

July 1, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Tiana:
    These procedures are not covered by insurance.
    I will have Kelly send you some quotes and info, and you can ask her any questions you want.

June 30, 2014 at 1:05 am

I am asking you how much does it cost for me to get a tummy tuck and Brazilian butt. How long does it take for you to recover? Do you accept insurance

April 20, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Rebecca:
    Good news for you- We have done many tummy tucks in combination with BBL successfully. The patient lays on her stomach and it does not interfere with healing of the tummy tuck. The reason is that there is no pressure behind the tummy tuck, it is the abdominal cavity! This is unlike the breast, where you have the rigid chest cage behind it, or the butt where you have the sit bones behind it.
    We do this a lot and we do it well. We’d love to help you out. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.

April 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Hi Dr. I want to get the BBL and TT done at the same time. BUT won’t I lose my new butt if I have to recover by sitting down? Does an inflatable donut help? I just don’t want to have to spend the money if I risk losing my new booty since the TT requires me to recover on my bottom. Thank you!

November 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Gloria:
    It can be done with a tubal ligation but I think it would be much less risky when done separately.
    I’ll have Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net give you a call about pricing.

November 2, 2012 at 9:38 am

How much does so thing like this cost and can it be done at the same time as cutting your tubes.

April 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Jina:
    You basically want to wait until the grafts have healed. That takes about 3 weeks. So a month would be reasonable.
    Hope this helps! Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

April 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm

How long after a bbl should you wait before getting breast implants?

February 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

Marilyn:
    We have done over 250 Brazilian Butt Lifts. From what you describe, we could achieve big changes in your figure, not just the butt.
    As for how much weight you want to put in your butt, that depends on how much fat you have to spare. In general, I don’t recommend patients to gain weight because if they cannot stay at their new weight, they will lose some of the volume in the butt. It is better to come in at a weight you are comfortable with. If you are dieting now, or watching your weight, you just need to stop dieting and watching your weight. This way you will come to a natural weight for you.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon!

February 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm

want to know the price on brazillian butt lift combine with the tummy tuck. What are the risk having both done at the same time. I’m 48yrs old, 130lbs, 5’3, with a flat butt and a little bit of loose skin in my tummy, and don’t have a waist. I want to add more fat in my hips and buttocks and make my waist smaller. I want to get this procedure done as soon as posible. Need to know how many brazillian butt lifts have you done. in order to get about 800cc’s in each butt cheek how much more would I have to gain

May 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Judy:
    It is impossible for me to make any judgements on your condition or make recommendations without seeing pictures.
    In general I recommend that patients be at their natural weight, that is a weight they have been at for a while or be comfortable at. Also the fact that your love handles were done does not mean we could not find some more fat there.
    Call Kelly so we can set up a virtual consult. She can be reached at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’re looking forward to seeing you!

April 30, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hi, I did liposuction and a butt augmentation July 23,2010. I still had a belly and was told by my Dr. that my fat was behind muscle. He also said a tummy tuck could help but it wasnt worth it. I wish he had told me this before! I am considering a second surgery with you and a mini tuck. I am 136lbs and 5ft 3″. Would I have enough fat in my upper body for tranfer? My thighs and love handles were done before? Should i gain weight?
    Thanks for your time.
    Judy.

March 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Thank you for posting regarding the tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift procedure. Dr. Rodriguez specializes in multiple procedure surgery performed with iv-sedation (twilight anesthesia) and would be delighted to meet you in his new facility. YES, the tummy tuck can be combined with the brazilian butt lift procedure. The cost range for tummy tuck with the brazilian butt lift/fat injections (all inclusive) is $23,000 to $25,000.
    Please call the office for details, 410-494-8100
    Kelly Warner
    Patient Coordinator

November 7, 2010 at 11:42 am

Sheilla:
    Nice to hear from Germany! I spent 6 weeks during my training at a clinic in Erlangen. I loved it.
    You may not know this, but the American surgical training model is based on the German model, not the English. The “Chief Resident” is essentially the american equivalent of the “Uber-Artz”.
    For pricing information, etc., email Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

November 5, 2010 at 3:44 am

please give me a price for brazilian butt breast all with my own fat und tummy tuck I live in germany and will came once for all the perfomance. thank you agent

August 21, 2010 at 2:35 am

I completely agree with you on this one. It really depends on your body type and genetic fat deposition patterns. And yes, all three (exercise, diet, and surgery) really compliment each other.

August 20, 2010 at 9:00 am

Dear Admin:
    This particular woman in the video does work out. Like you, I think best results are combined excercise, diet, and surgery. Diet will reduce your weight, but not change body proportions (how the fat is distributed) or improve muscle and cardiovascular tone. Excercise will increase cardiovascular and muscle tone, but may not reduce your weight or fat deposition patterns. Surgery will change your body proportions, but will not affect your weight or muscle tone.
    Do one of the three and you get a good result. Do two of the three (the old classic is diet and exercise) and you get a great result. Do all three and it’s a life transforming experience. I know, I see it in a number of my patients every year!
    I wrote a post about this a while back.

August 19, 2010 at 3:00 am

It is also important to note that you need to maintain your body with exercise and diet once this procedure is complete. I can see why they are both very common procedures.

August 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Marjorie:
    Definitely!
    That is what we do and we have a lot of out of town patients coming in to have the surgery done. The procedure is a permanent change of your figure.
    We’d love to help you! Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, ahe’d be more than glad to talk to you.

August 10, 2010 at 8:13 pm

If I want more of an hourglass/heart shape backside would that be possible to do?

May 13, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Kooba:
    Let us know how things turn out.

May 13, 2010 at 2:30 am

Great!I will do that!!

April 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Edmonde:
    Yes, you can have a child if you have had a tummy tuck. The only problem is you might stretch out your tummy tuck repair. Still, I have seen a few patients that had a tummy tuck and then had a baby, they did not look too bad.

April 28, 2010 at 12:24 am

i want to know if i do my tummy tuck can i have child with my stomach.

1. […] Can a tummy tuck be combined with a brazilian butt lift? […]