Is hydrogel effective for butt augmentation?

I have recently been seeing alot on the internet about the use of hydrogel for butt augmentation. Is this new technique as effective as the microfat transfer?

-Chonta

Chonta,

Thank you for bringing up this question. There are many ways you can get a butt augmentation, but like everything in life, each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Some procedures are new and experimental, some have stood the test of time. The use of hydrogel for butt augmentation is a new approach. The technique is possible, but in my professional opinion, impractical for several reasons.

Hydrogels for tissue augmentation are used mostly in the face– for lip augmentations and such. The injections do not last long (up to 18 months) and are pricey. For example, 1cc of hydrogel can cost anywhere from $300-$500. I use 1-2cc’s for a lip augmentation. A butt augmentation requires hundreds of cc’s.

To be more precise, I inject 800-1600 cc’s of fat into the buttocks for a Brazilian butt lift! To get a noticeable buttock augmentation, you need well in excess of 200 cc’s of hydrogel in EACH buttock cheek. That can get pretty expensive at $500 per cc! There are probably cheap “hydrogel” alternatives, but beware of impurities and contaminants. There have been many recent horror stories here in the US from practitioners using “off label” injectables.

Secondly, aside from the expense , the result is not going to be long lasting. Hydrogel will last only about 18 months, whereas butt augmentation with fat injection is permanent.

If somebody is set on having hydrogel injections to the butt, be sure to ask the practitioner several questions: Is he/she certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? How long does the hydrogel last? Be suspicious if the answer is that it lasts more than a few months. Is the hydrogel an FDA approved product?

Finally, think of this: It’s your own body, why not use your own body’s fat ?

Posted in Butt

April 24, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I blog often and I really appreciate your information. The
    article has truly peaked my interest. I will book mark your website and
    keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your Feed
    too.

January 9, 2015 at 4:42 pm

We cannot get more options here specifically because it is more regulated.
    As for fillers, I think most are well tolerated in the face because the face is a well vascularized structure that is shielded from trauma and small volumes of fillers are used.
    Whenever you start injecting larger volumes of fillers the problems start piling up. As do the costs.
    The best solution continues to be your own tissue: fat.
    You will always find somebody who will inject massive quantities of fillers in your butt. Just beware of complications.

December 25, 2014 at 9:59 pm

From what I got after researching is that Macrolane is not a permanent filler and therefore the possibility of fibrosis is less likely and the downside is that it wears off after a year or so as well as it is quite expensive. Other fillers including sculpture, PMMA and the list goes on and on are nasty and more prone to fibrosis, rejection etc..
    I have been researching the issue of gluteal enhancement for several years now and nothing really stood out. Fat injections are awesome given that you have enough to harvest, on the other hand the recovery and time required off work is not attainable for most people. Implants on the other hands the subfacial looks fake, the intramuscular requires a long recovery and in general complications are not fun. Then came up the so called butt injections; I wasn’t comfortable with the idea as they were not regulated.
    Now Macrolane, from the same company that makes the fascial filler Radiesse, impressive results in UK, no side effects or complications, no recovery required and specifically made for body contouring although the breast contouring was discontinued as it interfered with breast cancer screening results (mammogram). Only issue is that its not permanent and expensive. I am contemplating going to London and meeting a surgeon there to discuss it further, but was wondering why can’t we have more options in the USA specially if it was regulated.

December 25, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Nana:
    The problem with all these injectables is that over time they can become surrounded by fibrosis and cause deformities. And it is an unpredictable process. Frankly, all injectables can be problematic when injected in large doses and buttocks injections require large quantities by definition.

December 20, 2014 at 6:50 pm

What is your intake on the newly approved Macrolane injections currently approved in Europe for gluteal enhancement. I have seen several friends with really good results. I do understand it’s not long lasting and that fat is better, but wouldn’t it be a realistic option/temporary for those who don’t have the luxury time off or extra fat. And would you consider it for certain cases.

December 11, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Latorrie:
    What kind of problem are you having?
    How can we help you?

November 13, 2014 at 11:54 am

can u contact me asap 3344131504

February 23, 2014 at 4:04 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and
    I will be waiting for your next post thank you once again.

May 31, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site
    with us so I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m
    bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Superb blog and wonderful design and style.

May 6, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Gracias!

April 24, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Gracias por informarnos con temas tan interesantes. Realmente ustedes son diferentes y nos impulsan a seguirlos en todo lo que realizan

February 24, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Joanne:
    Yes, definitely. Foreign material can be handled easily by the body in small quantities. As you start to inject larger and larger quantities, risks increase.

February 22, 2013 at 8:43 pm

You recommend fat transfer over hydro gel injection

February 24, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Caleema:
    Even the slender woman has at least 17% body fat. I have now done several patients under 110 pounds.
    In any case, I don’t recommend butt injections with hydrogel.

February 7, 2013 at 12:42 am

I do not have extra body fat do you do butt injections if you do how much

February 5, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Christine:
    The short answer is, you shouldn’t.
    I have seen plenty of disasters with biogel.

January 30, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I want to put biogel in my butt

January 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Denise:
    For the foreseeable future, fat donation is not a realistic alternative. There are too many issues with rejection of the donor fat and you can get very sick.
    Your own fat is the best option. I have done surgery in very slender patients who weigh 95 pounds, 110 pounds and 115 pounds.
    To really answer your question I would need to see pictures of you. Contact Kelly if you are interested at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

January 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm

hi I am a slender women seeking information in but augmentation, how many extra pounds do I need to gain before I can get a fat transfer or my question was if I have a family member like my mother who can donate fat can I use her fat? I look forward to your response and thank you very much please do not think I am joking I am very serious and I’m trying to avoid implants which I do not think I need but the hydro gel is weak a I n d i was going for a more permanent thing

January 5, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Understood

January 5, 2013 at 8:28 am

***not freak I meant great!

January 5, 2013 at 6:46 pm

There are many types of hydrogels. The type commonly injected in the lips is Hyaluronic acid and it has proven to be safe. The problem for a large scale injection is that at a street cost of $500-600/cc cost becomes prohibitive. For example, a minimal injection of fat for the butt in my office is 400cc on each butt cheek, or 800cc total. You do the math.
    The hydrogel used for Butt augmentations has a completely different formulation than Hyaluronic acid. I have seen cases of it whre the buttock gets all lumpy and hard with discoloration of the skin surface. Cases like that are the main reason why those hydrogels have not been approved in this country.

January 5, 2013 at 8:27 am

I’m supposed to be getting the hydrogel injections Monday & what I don’t understand is why is it FDA approved for doctors to inject the hydrogel in your lips but not your butt? I have gotten the hydrogel in my lips 2 years ago and they still look freak. Why is it illegal to do it in your butt but not your lips?

December 22, 2012 at 11:23 am

I do not recommend hydrogel. The more time passes the more you are beginning to hear from disgruntled patients with lumpy appearance to the butt from these injections.
    Unfortunately, there are no easy answers. I have some patients who have sat despite my best advice during the recovery period and they developed hard areas or ares where the fat did not take as well right in the area where the pressure is when they sit.

December 21, 2012 at 9:05 am

i am 5 2′ and weigh bout 125. i would like to get butt augmentation but i dont have the time for recovery that the fat injection requires you to have, i will have about 3 weeks next spring from work to get it done, but even with those weeks i will need to sit a few times. i was thinking about the hydrogel injections but i like the fat injections one because it more permanent. some advice please.

November 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Tiiny:
    The safest bet is your own fat.
    Hydrogel injections can b e very problematic and I do not recommend them.
    If you look at our buttock augmentation pictures we had a patient also about 4’11” and about 95 pds
    Give us a call! 410 494-8100

November 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

I’m 20 4’11 and about 93 pounds I have been looking into butt injections any advice? I don’t have any fat and I have tried for a year but my metabolism is extremely fast I can never achieve my goal! I need HELP :'(

September 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Precious:
    There is always some fat available.
    If you have any questions, we could set up a consultation where you send us pictures of your body and I can give you a better idea of how much fat you can get, and what kind of results you can expect.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

September 18, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I want a bigger bottom but how can I use fat if I don’t have any.

August 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Gatia:
    At 5’3″ and 160 pd weight you almost certainly have enough fat for BBL and fat grafting to hips.
    Apart from that, if you do not feel comfortable with the planned surgery, you should not have it until you feel at ease with what you are doing. That applies double to my patients. The last thing in the world I want is a patient who is unsure of what she wants, because God Forbid if something happens, everybody will be sorry they went ahead.
    Contact Kelly if you are interested in a virtual consultation at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

August 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I am 5’3 weight 160 I was told i dont have enough fat for HIPS and bbl I really care more for my hips , and was hopping to do both instead he is trying to have me do a tummy tucks, ans said he will try withw hat he gained , I am a little concerned because, none of his patient pictures looks successfull they do not look like a BBL please help i already paid and surgery is schedule for next week…

August 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Gatia:
    There is really not much I can say without looking at pictures.
    I saw your other comments, and I suggest you get in contact with Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for a virtual consultation.
    We’d love to help you!

August 7, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I had a fat trasnfer last year all i gain was a lump in my upper butt area, my butt does not look full at all te botttom just sink do you know what causes that?

August 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Gatia:
    We have done hundreds of Brazilian Butt lifts, and we have done practically all of them with a fat injection to the hips. We have not had problems with it.
    We agree with you that fat injection into the hips really helps get that nice curvy figure

August 7, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I am 5’3 weight 160 I was tol i dont have enoug fat fot bbl and hip, I really wants my hips curve, it is true te fat will not survive on the hip Please help

May 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Casie:
    Buttocks augmentation is all about proportions.
    I have done butt augmentation on a 95 pound woman. She is in my gallery of patients
    People have more fat than they realize and we are very good at getting it.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

April 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm

What if I don’t have any fat?? How can I do a fat transfer for butt augmentation? I’ve always been interested in cosmetic procedure for buttock enlargement and I’m very petite. I’m unsure of where to look, further more the prices and which option is the best

March 29, 2012 at 8:08 am

Yesenia:
    I do not recommend PMMA injections. Fat injections are much safer and reliable.
    If you are interested contact kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

March 28, 2012 at 10:15 am

I will like to do pmma butt injections were in new york does it. Thank you

March 11, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Carrie:
    Fat grafting is effective and long lasting when done correctly. Many people have had inconsistent results and even disasters when processing fat incorrectly. I have a series on blog posts on correct methodology which I advise you to look at. Check out this post on fat processing, this other one on stem cells present in fat, and this last one.
    Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

February 27, 2012 at 2:26 am

I had my heart set on hydrogel injections, but looking at this page I think i’ll consider something else. So is fat grafting is an effective procedure?

February 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm

great web page and enjoyed reading through your content

January 8, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Kristin:
    For pricing info, you can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    She’d be happy to help you out

January 4, 2012 at 12:26 pm

What is the average cost micro fat transfer to the butt??

December 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Shameikia:
    Thanks for contacting us!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, and she will be more than happy to send you as much info an you need.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

December 7, 2011 at 1:20 am

How much will fat grafting cost

December 1, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Tasha:
    Listen to me carefully: This procedure is not what you think. It can leave very undesirable results. Believe me, I have seen it.

November 26, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Where can I got to get this procedure done by a board certified doctor ? I live in Philadelphia pa. Do you have a number to a doctors office where I can get all the info I need

October 30, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Nicole:
    There have been many disasters related to hydrogel injections. I am very sorry for all the women who have had their figures destroyed by this procedure, and I see many of them in my office.
    The hydrogel procedure for butt augmentation is done mostly illegally by non medical personnel in hotel rooms. There is a reason for that. It is not safe, and the day you see the FDA approving hydrogels, go get it done by a legitimate Dr. in a legitimate office.

October 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm

But if u have no spear body fat to transfer? Than what. I so a bigger butt n nicer hips

August 31, 2011 at 4:56 pm

J:
    Info about Hydrogel or fat grafting?

August 31, 2011 at 4:48 pm

email me for info NJ / NY blonde0023@aol.com

August 11, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Shayla:
    I don’t do butt shots of hydrogel.
    I do fat injections- is that what you’re interested in?
    If so contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.
    We’re looking forward to meeting you!

August 5, 2011 at 11:58 am

wld like to get price for but shots…

July 14, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Dimeatrice:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for info on prices, she’ll also give you other info about technical details of the procedure, etc.
    We’d love to help you!

July 11, 2011 at 2:38 pm

How much does cost butt aug cost the price range pls

June 26, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Darryl:
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’ll help you set it up.

June 19, 2011 at 9:46 am

I WOULD LIKE THIS DONE 9122245778

May 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

Ms Ashley:
    You can contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for all pricing info. She’d love to help you!
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you…

May 26, 2011 at 10:25 am

Hello Dr, I have a flat butt it even depresses me so much that i am considering plastic surgery. My only issue is money do you have a good finance company that will approve someone with not so great credit. Also i have cellulite on my thighs is there any procedure you do to improve that. #PLASTICSURGERYISMYGOAL

May 18, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Ashley:
    Unfortunately, I don’t know any reputable surgeons who are doing it.
    I have seen many cases of disasters, so I’m not going to try it anytime soon.

May 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm

i would like to have the hydrogel injection for my buttocks done but i cant find anyone in new york city that is certfified, i was wondering if you know anyone who is. thank you

March 29, 2011 at 9:30 am

Kimberly:
    You are interested in the hydrogel or fat injections?

March 27, 2011 at 4:50 am

I’m very interested in this. I’m 5’4 140 lbs, but i would like to know the cost.

March 29, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hi Anna, please call me at 410-494-8100 to discuss your questions. Dr. Rodriguez performs a very specialized technique of lipo-sculpting to various areas of your body, for example your abdomen, flanks/waist and the curve of your back; or any areas you and Dr. Rodriguez determine will yield the best fat to achieve your goals to make your bottom fuller and total figure more shapely! See video here: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedure-videos/

The cost for the brazilian butt varies depending on your individual goals, the cost range is $14,000 to $18,000, which includes Dr. Rodriguez’ fee, iv-sedation anesthesia (approx 7-8 hours) and operating facility. Please note, the recovery period for the brazilian butt lift includes 3 weeks of not sitting on your new bottom.

Like the Brazilian Butt Lift, the B’More Butt Lift ™ transforms the figure by changing the relationship of the waist to the hips, however without injections of any kind. The cost range for the B’More Butt Lift™ is $6,500 – $9,500 and the recovery period for the B’More Butt Lift ™ is just one week!

Which procedure is best for you? Call me at 410-494-8100 and I’ll be happy to discuss.

Dr. Rodriguez would be delighted to personally meet with you in his new facility. Keep in mind Dr. Rodriguez’ schedule fills up fast, so call 410-494-8100 as soon as possible!

Best regards,
    Kelly Warner
    Patient Coordinator
    410-494-8100

March 24, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Anna:
    Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net can fill you in on the details as far as cost.
    For more info take a look at these videos:
    1) A woman who had tummy tuck and fat injection to the buttocks
    2)How to make sure fat injections are permanent
    3)What happens if you lose weight after your fat graft
    4)Making sure fat grafts are long lasting
    Call us! We’d be more than happy to talk to you!

March 23, 2011 at 12:40 am

Ok so if i wanted to get fat taken from other places of my body to put in my buttocks … How exactly does that work injections? Surgery? Etc. & about how much would be the cost

March 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Shakeyia:
    Do not use hydrogel. There are many reports of problems with it.
    As far as the Brazilian Butt lift, we do a lot of them and have many years of experience. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d love to hear from you.

March 15, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Im 145 5″0 you think hydrogell injection would last me sometime! I also want the Brazilian Butt lift

January 14, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Cinnamon:
    If you lost 60 pounds, I’d be concerned about skin excess relative to your body weight, but of course, I can’t make a judgement because I haven’t seen you or your pictures.
    The injections are easier and cheaper, but they can endanger your life and leave you with permanent scarring and deformities. Just google “hydrogel butt augmentation problems”.
    You sound like a great candidate for Brazilian Butt lift with fat transfers as it takes fat from unwanted parts of your body and puts them in your butt area. You get not only a bigger butt but a more sexy curvaceous figure.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

January 13, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I am a 5″10 250 pound woman who just lost 60 pounds. I lost my entire butt with the weight I am currently flat as a board. Would i be a good candiate for this procedure. I am content with my weight just not my butt. The injection shots sound so much easier and cheaper please help me.

January 4, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Erica:
    There is always fat to be found, more than you think.
    Now, that doesn’t mean we can create a Kim Kardashian type butt for everyone, but we can definitely change your body proportions, and make it so that when you gain weight it goes into the areas you like.
    The best way is to do a virtual consult where i get to look at your pictures and have a discussion about diet patterns, where you tend to lose or gain weight, etc.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you are interested.

January 4, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Hi! I’m 5’9″ and I weigh 132 pounds, is a brazilian butt lift possible for me? I feel like I have no fat to take from anywhere on my body. What do you think? If you think you could improve my figure I would love to set it up with your clinic!

December 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Kayla:
    I have done patients who weigh 95 pounds and had good results. I also did another one who weighed 105 pounds and she also loved her result.
    Fat is the best thing and you probably have more than you thing. We’d love to help you!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net.

December 1, 2010 at 6:02 pm

i want to get but injections..but i dont want to use the hydrogel…an i have no body fat…whats tha savest and best thing to inject into my butt?

November 7, 2010 at 11:24 am

Barbie:
    What matters is not your weight but the proportion of waist to hips.
    I have done a 95 pound patient (4’11”) and a 105 pd patient (5″1″), both of whom did great with fantastic change to their figures. It’s not about big butts, it’s about creating sensuous curves in the transition areas from waist to hips and waist to legs.
    You do not need hydrogel, even at 15% body fat I have done cases successfully.
    As a general rule, use your own body materials rather than injecting foreign stuff.

November 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Hi Dr Rodriguez

Im not unhappy with my body or anything. I actually love my pettite frame. But truth of the matter is I would like my butt to just a little more bigger & fuller then what it already is. Im not sure about the hydrogel/pmma injections. So I was wondering what are my options? And what procedures are safer then others?

October 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Candice:
    Email Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net
    We’d be happy to hear from you!

October 13, 2010 at 9:30 pm

what are the steps to having a consult with your offie

October 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Candice:
    Whatever you do, don’t go for injections just because they are cheaper.
    If you really want it, you can save your money, it may take time but you can do it. There are also credit companies you might look into, such as CareCredit.
    I wish you the best, and if you really want this, just make sure you do it the right way.

October 9, 2010 at 6:01 pm

i am a 26 yr old african american female, whos interested in recieving injection to make my butt a little bigger and sit up more, im a single mom so my budget is kinda short, however this is something i really wnt, what are some of my options…

August 15, 2010 at 7:14 am

Tavecya:
    To really tell if you are a candidate, I would need to see pictures of you. Contact Kelly to set it up and to get instructions on how to take the photographs.
    Having said that, one of the patients on our web gallery weighed 95 pounds. As you can see, she did get a good improvement on her figure. In slender patients, the key is to alter the body proportions. That will give you a more feminine hourglass figure and even if you gain weigh, you will keep the new fat distribution.
    We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

August 14, 2010 at 7:44 pm

ok doctor , so i am a 22 yr old female….n i absolutely hate my back side …..and the thing is i am really petite.(100lbs)..i wear a size zero pants…i have no hips…(i actually look like im 15)….i just really need some kind of curves…and since fat grafting is the most safe …would i be a canidate…..

July 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Esther:
    Hydrogel is not the way. There are plenty of horror stories on the web. Just google hydrogel complications.
    Just last week I had to go to the hospital to treat a young man with a nasty infection in the face from a hydrogel injection.
    Most major University Plastic Surgery training programs have a clinic where patients can have cosmetic surgery at reduced rates, and maybe that is a good place for you to start.
    Good Luck!

July 19, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I’m 30 years old and have three kids I lost 40 pound and look okay I would like to get my butt done to feel sexyer wat would be the best way to get it done with out brakeing a hole in my pockit.

June 29, 2010 at 7:32 am

Concerned:
    Sometimes the butt comes back to normal but sometimes there is a process of scarring that deforms the butt.
    If you google hydrogel butt augmentation problems you will see what I mean.
    In any case, it’s expensive, uncertain, possibly dangerous, and not permanent. Why anyone would pump a large amount of foreign substance into their buttocks is beyond my understanding.

June 22, 2010 at 5:41 am

after 18 months what happens if you dont get more? does your butt start to go back to normal?

June 6, 2010 at 9:30 am

Tylisha:
    It is difficult to know what options you have without having pictures to see what the problem is.
    If you could be so kind and contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she could help you with instructions on how to shoot the pictures to best show your concerns.
    You could help the world a lot if you get online to any discussion board on Butt lifts and let people know about your experience.
    By the way, was your injection done by a doctor?

June 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Hello i made a terrible mistake and went to someone to inject hydrogel in my buttocks. i went thru massive complications i couldnt even sit down correctly for like a year. my buttocks is so bruised i am depressed behind this. plus one butt is way bigger than the other one. I dont kno what to do i want it even. can u suggest any options i have

May 20, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Tia:
    I don’t know who Nicki Minaj is.
    Most surgeons who are doing a lot of buttocks work will tell you unequivocally that fat is better. It feels more natural, and it has less complications. Fat grafting definitely looks more natural.
    As far as what procedures I would recommend, the first thing you have to realize is that some people are born with a certain body type and it is very hard to get them to look like a completely different body type. Using liposculpture and fat grafting you can turn an apple type shape into a pear type shape, as you can see in this blog post, but getting the tightness and definition of Ms. Minaj may be hard.
    Call Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net if you are interested in more info. We’d love to help you, as we do a lot of liposculpturing with fat grafting to “turn apples into pears”

May 17, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Hi I wanted to know can you feel the difference between implants and grafting fat? Which feels more realistic? which is better and how much are they both? Dr. I don’t know if you’ve heard of Nicki Minaj but if you click the links you can see her butt.

What procedure would you suggest for waist, butt and hip results like hers?

May 4, 2010 at 9:37 am

Trina:
    Just Google complications and butt injections. You will see there are many disasters, deaths, etc.
    At 5″3″ and 115 pds you should have some fat available. If you look at this case, the girl was 5 feet and weighed 98 pds. We were able to inject 400cc into each buttock. It would cost you a fortune to inject 400cc of any filler into the butt (let alone 800cc- 400cc for each buttock).

May 2, 2010 at 9:12 pm

hello im a 30yr old women 5’3 115lbs and am thinking about butt injections. i dont really have any fat on my body, so im trying to find out about the different injections or procedures that would be right and safe for me.

April 29, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Chenise:
    There is a lot of information on our blog about Brazilian Butt Lift.
    Check out these links: Video, Text, video, video
    If you would like a more personalized consult, call Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

April 28, 2010 at 2:19 am

Hello! For the last few years my husband been talking about
    how he wants my behind bigger. I’m to the point. I would just settle
    for the hydrogel butt injection because it’s more cheaper than the briazillan but I’m also afraid and far from foolish.. I don’t think the hydrogel is for me. I would luv to here more about the briazillan butt lift

March 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Liza:
    As far as injectables go, stay away!
    Every year I hear of 1 or 2 deaths from it. There are also multiple reports of horrible scarring, hospitalizations with life threatening scarring, etc.
    As for patients who think they have only a little fat, I have done a Brazilian Butt Lift on a patient who was 4’11” and weighed 95 pounds. It’s not all about getting the big butt, a lot of it has to do with proportions between hip and waist. The only way to get an idea is by looking at pictures.
    If you want an evaluation, send Kelly, my office advisor, some pictures. Her email is kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

March 3, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I have no area where fat could be taken from to do a brazilian fat graft…so what are my options? I live in MA and there is only one doctor who does that along with implants. It is almost 10,000 and I keep hearing it’s still not safe. Never mind the long down time to recover. Then I keep hearing a lot about injections of bio-gel, hydrogel and PMMA…are any of those ok? Can they travel into your system? I’ve tried working out, changing my diet etc…I have a toddler, and after having my baby, my body still looked great, but I no longer had a butt…I worry that with injections, it may not be safe to have another child down the line…I don’t want to risk defects…What can I really do?

February 9, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Ms J:
    I would first of all go to a cardiologist and get an opinion from him as to the risk of a procedure under intravenous sedation.
    Sometimes, if the problem is a mitral valve prolapse, we have done surgery without any special precautions other than the usual antibiotics and careful fluid management.
    If you are serious, your first step should be to get a cardiologist evaluation.
    Good luck, and I hope you can make your dream come true!

February 8, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Hi Dr. Ricardo,

I have been going back and forth with the B’more Lift as well as the Brazilian Butt Lift. I am 5’3 and 140lbs. I have been told I have a slight leaking heart valve with Calcium deposits on the valve. Would either of the procedures still be an option for me? I will know exactly the extent of the leaking heart valve on 02/11/10. I found out that I have this issue due to shortness of breath when I lie flat as well as heart palpations and numbness in my limbs at times. Also, my second question is, what is the likely hood that one of my organs could be damaged during lipo for either of the butt augumentations? I have read this to be a complication and it has created a great fear.

Ms. J

February 5, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Skylen:
    Lipo usually is billed per area, for example, abdomen is one area, flanks is another area.
    In addition, the lipo for Brazilian Butt lift is done by low pressure suction, not high pressure, so it is a lot harder to do and much more physically demanding on the surgeon.
    The fat then has to be processed. See our post on what has to be done to properly process fat here
    Finally, the injection is done very carefully in micro droplet quantities.
    The procedure is done with highly trained personnel and it takes a long time. If somebody is quoting you a very low price for it, it is too good to be true, and you should think carefully before doing it.

February 1, 2010 at 11:37 pm

if lipo. starts at 2k why does it cost 19k to get fat transfer? im very interrested in getting this done but credit isnt good enough to get financed.

January 17, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Denise:
    We are in Baltimore, Maryland. We have many patients who come from out of town to get surgery done, we’d love to help you!

January 12, 2010 at 3:34 pm

where are u located ?

January 9, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Jerrica:
    Congratulations on the Baby!
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net for more info.
    She will be very helpful.
    Happy New Year!

January 7, 2010 at 2:34 am

how much do you charge for fat graffting to the buttocks? Really want this done. I just had a baby last year and have alot of baby fat.

December 29, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Nancy:
    This is a common question. If you lose weight, the fat cells will get “skinny”, as the rest of you does, but they will not disappear. Think of it this way, when you gain weight, you gain weight, its not as if you lost your fat cells when you lost weight. They are still there, they’re just “empty”.
    After you gain weight for a Brazilian Butt lift, if you like the way you look, you may consider altering your diet so you eat more high calorie stuff. Remember, your WEIGHT=Calories in – Calories out.
    If you increase calories intake, it doesn’t have to be fatty foods, it can be stuff like yogurt/protein smoothies.

December 27, 2009 at 1:02 am

You say that fat injections in the buttocks is permanent. But what if I get buttock fat injections and then i lose alot of weight in the future, wouldn’t all my fat injections go away when I diet and lose most of my body fat? I mean I am usually very skinny (virtually no body fat whatsoever), but I can gain about 10 pounds over a few months if I purposely eat alot of fatty foods just to get it injected into my buttocks. But if I lose weight and return to my normal skinny-self ( I exercise alot and jog so usually I have no body fat). Will the injected body fat remain in my butt even if I exercise alot and lose alot of weight?

in other words I am skinny as a rail, but i will eat a bunch and gain about 10 pounds just for the buttock fat augmentation. But then if I stop eating a bunch of fatty foods my body will lose all of those 10 pounds really fast cause I exercise alot.

Thanks for your time to read my question.

November 22, 2009 at 11:02 am

Crystal:
    If you have extra fat, the Brazillian Butt Lift is the best alternative.
    We do a lot of Brazilian Butt Lifts and the entire basis of the procedure is to take fat from areas where you have excess and put it into those areas you want enhanced.
    If you have extra fat, you are the ideal candidate.
    We’d be delighted to hear from you!

November 21, 2009 at 10:06 pm

I would like more hip and butt what is the best procedure
    for this I have extra fat any ideas?

November 18, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Estimada Marisol:
    Gracias por leer nuestro Blog. Me encantaria oir de ti.
    Mandale un email a Kelly. kelly@cosmeticsurg.net para arreglar una cita por telefono y asi puedo contestarte todas tus preguntas en detalle y sin prisa.
    Vamos a necesitar fotos tuyas, y Kelly te dara instrucciones despues que le escribas.
    Nosotros estamos en Baltimore, a 40 minutos de Washington DC.
    Casi el 30% de nuestra clientela viene de afuera, asi que estamos acostumbrados a tener pacientes del extranjero.

Muchos saludos,
    Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

November 15, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Hola Dr Rodriguez. I’m just 18 also i don not live in U.S i’m in Latin America/Caribbean….interested in having the fat put in my butt and hips. I was also wondering if the fat could b put in my legs?? …..i have chicken legs…like twigs. But also what is the youngest age that this can b done b/c as mentioned above i’m 18. Also if i come 2 america, where are u located exactly and umm..how long would i b required to stay like maybe for follow up visits etc..
    Also is exercise required to maintain the results?
    I prefer to have the one where u put the fat cells in the desired area so that if i gain weight it goes directly to that area plus i want to put the fat like doing the lipo and injecting the fat there…is that possible? i hope i didn’t misinterpret anything.

P.S plz excuse my ingles…gracias.
    look 4ward to your reply with keen interest.

November 14, 2009 at 8:36 pm

angela:
    Fat can be used from wherever we can harvest it. In general, I find we need more than one area of liposuction. Liposuction of the abdomen and love handles is very important to get a good waist to hips ratio.
    Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net, she’d be more than happy to discuss pricing with you.
    Have a great weekend!

November 13, 2009 at 10:38 pm

I really want to try these butt injections and i read if they use fat it will be a permanent result.Since i’m top heavy can i just use fat from my breast and have that injected in my rear?! And if id so how pricey is it?

October 11, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Try Dr. Sidney Coleman.
    He is the one responsible for working out most of the details of fat grafting.
    If it doesn’t work out we’d be happy to see you or do a video consult to give you advice. Contact Kelly@kelly@cosmeticsurg.net

October 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Dr am interesting in enhance my butt,I need a Dr here in new york? any one you might know..Also am really skinny so I dont know how it will work?

September 26, 2009 at 10:55 am

The hydrogel in itself is not toxic, but all hydrogels have structural component molecules that are not the hydrogel itself. There may also be impurities due to manufacturing processes.
    Regardless of the effect, the body does tend to wrap a capsule of scar tissue around all foreign substances. It is this scar tissue which can contract and cause deformities.
    This process can happen right after surgery, or years later.
    With the possibility of having your own fat injected, I don’t know why people are going for the hydrogels. I do not recommend the hydrogels.

September 26, 2009 at 1:09 am

i was looking for a journal about enhancement and implantation because i need it for my research but went on to your page. I got interested cuz there’s a case here in our country that had an adverse effect after she undergo a hydrogel butt augmentation. After years, it even cause her life miserable for being hospitalized. Please I need enlightenment. What is really the effect of hydrogel in human body especially if too much amount of hydrogel is implanted? Is it detrimental?

September 23, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Hi Danielle,
    Usual cost for the Brazilian butt lift surgery is $18,000 which includes:
    • 3-areas of liposuction (usually, abdomen, flanks, inner thighs)
    • fat processing and grafting to buttocks/hips
    • facility/operating room fees
    • 8-hours IV-sedation anesthesia
    • 2 specialized compression garments
    • Dr. Rodriguez’ surgical fee
    • all before and follow-up office visits
    Dr. Rodriguez would be delighted to meet you in his new fully accredited state-of-the-art surgical facility or by virtual consultation. Allow me to arrange your appointment by email: kelly@cosmeticsurg.net or if you prefer, call the office at 410-494-8100.

Best regards,
    kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty®
    410-494-8100

September 22, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Dr.Rodriguez,

I just read u response back towards Chonta I’m no longer interested in the hydrogel buttock injections.Currently i wish to know more about the butt augmentation with fat since its a permant thing. I would like to to know a estimated price range and also health facts if possible.

thanks,
    Danielle

September 15, 2009 at 8:33 pm

The trick is not to inject the fat right under the skin, where a little lump can be seen. I inject the fat deep, below the muscle so the skin and muscle can drape over the filler material. By the way I inject in this manner whether it is Restylane, Juvederm or fat.
    Fat, when injected properly, is permanent.
    I trust you when you say the hollows are not that bad, but if you think they might be improved, get an expert opinion. We’d be happy to look at your pictures. Contact Kelly at kelly@cosmeticsurg.net. We’d love to see you.

September 14, 2009 at 5:02 am

Can i have fat transferred under the eyes for eye hollows if the skin below is very thin and transparent. How do I know that it would not lump up and how many treatments do I need. The hollows are not that bad.

August 26, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Yes, the only caveat is that you will stretch the repair, but i have had many patients who got pregnant after TummyTuck.
    A beautiful belly is one thing but a baby is the best gift in the world!

August 23, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Dear Dr. Rodriguez,

Is it safe to get pregnant three years after a tummy tuck?

August 5, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Regarding Bio Alcamid, a word of caution, as with other permanent injectables.
    Don’t take my word for it, read this link, especially the comments section.
    Any foreign material injected into the body will elicit an inflammatory reaction that culminates in formation of a capsule around the injected material. Sometimes there is an aggregation of these capsules which can cause visible lumps, or worse yet, an inflammation of the capsules degenerating into infection.
    Fat is still the gold standard, and it can also be used for small dents.

August 5, 2009 at 8:50 am

I would think that injecting Bio-alcamid into depressions and dents on the butt caused by cellulite (for a smoother looking bottom) would be very ideal since not alot of the substance would be needed….
    But I imagine it must be hard to actually augment the buttocks enough to see a noticeable increase in size with injectables though…it would be difficult to get the results to look even and natural….

August 1, 2009 at 11:13 am

This is a response to Shawn.
    I reread my original post and it sounds too curt and short. I apologize. Perhaps It is I who needs to clarify, as your post was clear enough, and my response not informative.
    If you don’t have enough body fat, your options are limited, but they exist.
    I cannot recommend hydrogel injections as I have seen too many problems.
    I’m sorry I can’t offer you something concrete, but here’s something I have tried. You are comfortable at your overall weight, but you want more weight (i.e. volume) on your buttocks.
    Think of fat injections as a way to REDIRECT whatever weight you might accumulate AWAY from where you do not want it to show (abdomen, flanks, whatever) and INTO to where you want it to show (buttocks).
    The cells that “gain” weight in you will be put where you want them to show (buttocks).
    As a matter of fact, I just did this in a male model, who was weight conscious, but had a flat butt. He gained a few pounds prior to surgery, which in his case showed mostly in the lower abdomen and love handles. We lipoed these areas and put the fat cells in his butt. Thus, the love handles gone, better butt projection. If he stays at same weight, he keeps his new figure, if he gains weight, it will be in his butt, not in his abdomen or love handles.
    Does this help?
    Hope this helps.

July 26, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Perhaps I need to clarify the weight issue. I’m very comforatable at my size I don’t have enough excess body fat to do a fat transfer so thats the reason I would like to try the hydrogel option instead.

July 26, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I don’t do hydrogel injections.
    I am not familiar with any reputable Plastic Surgeons who do, because of the many issues associated with hydrogel injections.
    I do not understand your fear of gaining weight, as with fat grafts we use the fat you already have, we are not adding fat.

July 26, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Dr. Rodriquez I’m interested in the hydrogel injections. I do understand that fat transfer would be better but I’m unwilling to take the risk of gaining weight to do so at my current age. I’m interested in doing 2,000 cc’s and would like to do a consult with you. Please contact me at the above email address.

L.M

August 1, 2009 at 11:01 am

Keep the hope.
    If you kept losing weight the fat cells may still be there, in a shrunken state. Once you start gaining weight these cells get plump again.
    If the cells were there for a year or two I think it’s very probable they are still there.
    You may want to ask your Doctor why you are losing weight. Is it voluntary?

July 8, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I am sorry you have lost the benefit of the surgery.
    Have you consulted your doctor as to why you are still losing weight? Are you losing the weight voluntarily?
    At this point, I think your best bet is to find out why you are losing weight. Once you gain weight back, if the fat graft cells are alive, you might regain some of what you lost.
    I would be more than happy to look at your case if you want to set up a virtual consultation with Kelly.
    Don’t get frustrated, I’m sure something can be done, but do make sure you get a handle on why it is you are losing weight.

June 28, 2009 at 12:10 am

Hi Sheri and Dr. Rodriguez,

I had the fat transfer done to my buttock and breast in 2006 by a Doctor in NYC. The procedure was successful but only for a year or two. I kept loosing weight. My buttock and especially my breasts shrink back to normal. I spent over $21k for this procedure which didnt work.

June 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

First of all, it should be clear that I do not favor hydrogel injections to the butt. The volumes needed are too large, and the risk of complications rises with increasing volume of injection.
    Late term complications include formation of lumps and bumps in the injected areas. I receive plenty of reports and pictures of patients who have had injections so I know it is not a benign procedure. As for the price, it is cheaper than a Brazilian butt lift, and there is little recovery to speak of, but when complications happen, it is a disaster.
    Brazilian butt lift may be more expensive, but it is your own body tissue, and it doesn’t just make your butt bigger, it transforms your figure.
    I don’t know who does the procedure in Houston, but when interviewing doctors make sure they have done a lot and ask to see pictures.

June 21, 2009 at 12:25 am

Dr. Rodriguez,

I was thinking about enhancing my butt. I’m not sure if I want the hydrogel injections or use my own body fat. Which is the least expensive and heal faster? I reside in Houston Texas so I’m not sure who does the procedure.

Thanks, Sherri

May 23, 2009 at 7:33 am

When a fat cell is transferred successfully, it stays in its new place. Weight gain or weight loss will make the cell swell or shrink in size, but it still will be there.
    A successful fat transfer does change your body shape. Loss of body weight will affect your new shape, in that even if you lose weight, your proportions will be different than what they are now when you lose weight. It’s not like you will “lose your fat” and return to your old shape.
    The best way to discuss your case specifically would be to look at pictures to see what areas of fat you have available, and what changes are possible.
    One thing is for sure- Fat transfers WILL change your shape.

May 22, 2009 at 3:52 pm

are you absolutly sure that the fat transfer is permanat even if i lose weight. i have a high motabolism and its hard for me to get the shape i want. is there a way for you to alter my shape with the fat transfer and will it be permanant even throught the exercizing and the motabolism.

April 13, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Hi Christine,

Most patients have three areas of liposuction (body sculpting) for their “brazilian butt lift” fat-grafting/transfer procedure, thus making the average cost approximately $18,000. This cost includes the facility/operating room, approximately 8-hours of IV monitored sedation anesthesia as well as Dr. Rodriguez’s professional service fee.

Please note, that for a limited time you could save $1,200 on a brazilian butt lift procedure with 3-areas of lipo and fat transfer, making the total $16,800 contact me a.s.a.p for details, kelly@cosmeticsurg.net or 410-494-8100.

I looking forward to hearing from you!
    Best regards,
    kelly warner
    patient coordinator
    cosmeticsurg.the science of beauty®
    410-494-8100

April 12, 2009 at 10:14 pm

How much is the Average cost for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

April 3, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Dear LeighAnn:
    The reason most doctors don’t know about biogel is because it is not an FDA approved substance for buttock augmentation.
    In addition, since it is an “offmarket” product, there are many different formulations, each with their own particular composition.
    The bottom line is that ANY foreign substance injected into your body will elicit a reaction. At the very least some scar will form around it. When the reaction is acute you get a cellulitis which can get secondarily infected.
    The person who will know most about your biogel is the one who injected it, and you should get as much info from them.
    It would be helpful if you sent me pictures so we could better see what the problem is.
    I have seen too many disasters from foreign substances injected into the buttocks, as the buttocks are subjected to repeated stress(sitting), that is why I favor using the body’s own fat.

April 3, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Hi,
    I had bio gel injected in my buttocks a year and a half ago and have had problems like cellulitis and had a mass that I had to have surgery to remove–since the Drs do not know what bio gel is, they cant help me–can you tell me anything about bio gel that can help me Dr’s understand this better?

October 22, 2007 at 11:35 pm

I am wondering if bio alcamid is better than hydrogel. I want butt injections and I was told that silicone migrates through the body and bio gel does not.

1. […] Is hydrogel effective for butt augmentation? 130 comment(s) […]